GCN 1.0 UVD Clock Speeds Get Locked

Jump to solution
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AMD when you correct an error of UVD bug?

Jump to solution

Really glad to hear that.

This issue has now been resolved in 18.8.1.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
51 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Jump to solution

TROLL ALERT

When AMD will fix UVD bug? 280x GCN 1.0 the last driver without mistake 16.7.2.The mistake is one an...

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
locodicegr
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Why i cant report those troll/meme posts ??

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We were not able to reproduce this issue. We tested on a clean build of Windows 10/7, fully updated no other software installed other than the latest driver and the clock speeds behave as they should.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We will take another look at the issue if we get more reports.

If anyone experiences this issue, please provide a summary of your issue and your can provide your full system specs, as well reproduction steps.

0 Likes
fargod
Adept II

Jump to solution

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/7elynf/will_amd_ever_fix_the_hardware_acceleration/

A lot of people two years are reported about this mistake, and you hide, even at your forum is full of messages, the last working driver without uvd of a mistake 16.7.2

GPU Clock and Memory Clock Stuck

0 Likes
fargod
Adept II

Jump to solution
0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks, I've forwarded your video and link onto engineering for consideration.

0 Likes
fargod
Adept II

Jump to solution

Do you scoff? A year ago wrote me that amd knows about this problem, you just ignore it

0 Likes
fargod
Adept II

Jump to solution

All, i've been stumped by this UVD clock state issue for a long time, and as a result i've continued to stay on 16.7.2 to allow idle clocks and boost clocks. However, today, i discovered how to restore access to all clock states on 18.5.1. I had a program in my task bar called NokiaSuite - yes i'm still kicking a Nokia phone. When running this app, my GPU would only use UVD low and UVD high clock states. Upon closing it my clocks went immediately to idle 300/150. Opening up a 3D application now brings up Boost clocks. I recommend to anyone still experiencing this issue to try looking for applications and killing background software that might be tasking the GPU by stealth like NokiaSuite. What's unclear is what has changed from 16.7.2 to later driver versions that leads to this different clock state behavior in relation to NokiaSuite. FYI, my GPU is an R9 270.

Software i've identified so far that seems to cause undesirable clock state behavior includes:

NokiaSuite v3.8.54 - when loaded in taskbar, the GPU will only utilise UVD clock states.

AMD UVD Decoder (13.3) - video playback with this decoder leaves clocks locked at UVD low (450MHz) after quiting video player. Alternative decoders such as Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and LAV Video Decocer test good, allowing 300/150 after video playback is discontinued.

0 Likes