cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Pein
Journeyman III

Game freezing, visible low fps but ingame shows full fps.

As much as I love AMD, the troubles that I've been having with its drivers are starting to get to me.

Months ago, I updated my AMD drivers for my 6700XT from 20.8.2 to one of the latest ones at the time, which was in the 22 range, like 22.0.0. No matter what game I would play with those latest drivers, my game visibly had really low fps, but in-game it showed that I had full 144 fps. Not only this, but my game would randomly freeze every minute, still able to hear the audio from the game. I would have to alt tab out and back in to fix this, but I also have to deal with the constant stutters that happen throughout my time playing the game. I finally got to my breaking point, so I reset my ENTIRE PC. Literally everything on it wiped clean. I have the latest drivers at this current moment, 23.Q1.1, and I'm still having this issue.

I decided to do some testing myself on what could possibly cause it and I have no idea what the cause could me. The thing that I find odd is that every time I have the performance metric overlay on, it seems like the issue completely disappears. Before you tell me to just leave on my overlay and have it as that, but I just really don't want to leave it open, especially when I'm playing games that I need to be able to see every single pixel on my screen.

If anyone knows the solution to this problem or needs more information from me about it, please reply with it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

RAM: Idk, but it runs at 3200 MHz and I've had no problems with it.

Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 aorus elite wifi

0 Likes
5 Replies
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

Why don't you try rolling back to 20.8.2 and see if the issue persist.

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home

When I swapped back the issue seemed to disappear, but running my PC on drivers that old for some reason causes my PC to randomly go to like 10 fps periodically, even without a game running. I would prefer to run on the latest drivers.

0 Likes

Will then it sounds like a bug with the latest version. Try to report the problem to AMD with their bug report tool.

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home

For your reference, here are the details of your system configuration:

• Laptop Model: Asus ZenBook UX407IQ
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics
  • Dedicated GPU: Nvidia MX350
  • RAM: 8GB LPDDR4X
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD
  • Operating System: Windows 11 Home

Providing this information to AMD will be helpful for their troubleshooting process. I hope they can address the bug and provide a solution soon.

Regards

revenge pink hoodie

0 Likes

Thanks for the info, but it turns out, I ALREADY KNOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!