cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Nicolas199
Journeyman III

Game Crashed with a New driver 24.1.1

Hello everyone, during my last update with the 24.1.1 AMD drivers via the software, I encountered the same issue multiple times:

When playing Football Manager 2024 or Flight Simulator 2020, the games crash, and the following error message appears:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET

I have a 7900XTX. 

This did not happen with the older driver version.

9 Replies
MacHavoc
Journeyman III

I did a safe mode DDU of the previous driver and fresh install of 24.1.1 this morning. Three AAA games tested with and without frame gen and all crashed either to desktop or completely shut down my PC abruptly after just a few minutes of gameplay. I have a 6950XT. I rolled back a couple drivers to 23.8.2 which I had good stability with and tested the same games. All good now. Another totally unstable driver release from AMD.. Big surprise.. 

hanifjsb
Adept II

Same issues my Rx 7600, rollback to 23.12.1 fixed my issues

WyteYoda
Journeyman III

Yep. Same issue with me. 7900 xtx on new drivers crashed my warzone games within 5 minutes of every game. Rolled back to the 23.12.1 drivers and played 3 hours strait with no problems.

AnGello1973
Journeyman III

Same to me in CS2 last night

AnGello1973
Journeyman III

I bought a Sapphire PULSE RX 7800XT last week and installed the then current drivers, then upgraded to 24.1.1 and used it for a couple of days, then last night Counter strike 2 crashed in the middle of a tournament. The game froze, 5 flickering windows lit up, AMD driver messages started popping up, I couldn't do anything except turn off the computer. I'm very disappointed in AMD because this is the first time I've switched from Nvidia to AMD after 20 years or more. Very big disappointment after only 7 days of using the new graphics card. I am very frustrated. If this happens again, I'll go back to Nvidia

igjoe2192
Adept II

Yup 24.1.1, 7900XTX play some games for hours others only a couple of minutes. Crash and freeze have to hard reboot. I am so severely disappointed right now. Just get it right so I have confidence in your product as a whole again... quit embarrassing me in front of my friends AMD... 

barongrod
Journeyman III

I have a 7900xtx TUF my lets me play some games okay others I get a black screen and after a min back to the desktop. have had hard crashes  and have had to reset my PC

0 Likes
AJDC79
Adept I

Same, newest driver crashes Helldivers 2 non stop, couldn't even get through training. Then it crashes Warzone randomly. PUBG looks like a potato. I did fresh install and driver only... crazy that these drivers are so bad. I rolled back to 23.11.1. It's rock solid and it works with COD.

7900XTX

Warga85
Journeyman III

Same here, 7900xtx, CS2, Helldivers 2,... all crashes to win, with driver failure. It's like no one even tested for an hour before putting this garbage out. And everyone wonders why Nvidia is killing it. 

0 Likes