cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Tizzer
Journeyman III

World of Warcraft Driver Crash

I know many people have had this problem, but I figured I should make a post in hopes AMD will reply. I have a Radeon 7800XT. While playing World of Warcraft Classic, I get a driver crash roughly every couple hours during gameplay. My computer will freeze and then both of my monitors will black screen. After about 15 seconds my screens will usually come back and the game will still be running, but sometimes only one moniter will recover. This is not something I have been able to reproduce. It happens seemingly at random. Note: I am not talking about the game being unresponsive at launch. That is a different issue and one that has solutions. I have read many posts and tried many "fixes" to no avail. Yes I have updated drivers. Yes I have tried dx11. Yes I have tried disabling any overclocks. Yes, I have tried everything that has been suggested on other posts. This seems to be a fault either on AMD or Blizzard or both. Any reply from AMD would be appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Czecher
Adept I

Hello Tizzer,

I used to have the same problem with my GPU - 7900XTX.

I had to put my RAM from 6000 to 5200, since there is no difference, it does not really matter.

Could you try to turn off EXPO and decrease your RAMs?

Czecher

0 Likes

My RAM is already set to 5200 Mhz since I had issues when I first built my PC months ago with crashing on other games. It's a driver issue, not hardware related.

I agree that it seems to be a driver issue. Especially seeing other ppl on these forums talking about driver crashes on their games as well. Seems ppl have been having this issue for the last few months with AMD drivers and they have been unable to find a clear fix. I have this issue particularly with WoW and Helldivers 2. OW runs perfectly smooth, same with every other game even on max settings.