cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Krul_Tepes
Journeyman III

from self-opening apps after update

I am using AMD RYZEN 7 5800h WINDOWS 11 and after updating on AMD website, applications such as file explorer, AMD, Microsoft EDGE, CMD started to open by itself and gave VALORANT VAL 1 error and never opened. This error is probably caused by the update, please release a new patch and fix it How can I fix this if no one is having the same issue? Can you help me?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

How do you get to the AMD site to update? The behavior you are describing is that you were spoofed by a popup, downloaded some software and installed it, then hackers started looking around your pc.

0 Likes

https://www.amd.com/en/support I entered from this website so this is not the original site of amd?

0 Likes

That's the official site. After installing, sometimes a command prompt will open once then close immediately after running some install script. Windows has a setting that will restart your applications after restart. So it could have been that if it happened after reboot. Otherwise, very strange behavior.

Run SFC & DISM commands to check/repair possible OS corruption.

If nothing found/fixed, try a fresh clean install of the driver.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes