cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AnGel_0
Journeyman III

Freesync on normal desktop use

In normal desktop use, the refresh rate of my screen changes continuously depending on what I do, basically my monitor is 240hz, but with freesync active if I use the browser to watch a video or simply on the desktop it varies from 100-240hz depending on the actions I take, it seems to be some sort of energy saving method with dynamic refhresh rate. Checking through Adrenalin software, I saw that both with freesync active and deactivated, the idle consumption of my gpu is 35-36W, so I have no energy savings. The fact that the refresh rate changes with normal desktop use bothers me because it creates stutters from when I do nothing (so the hz drops) to when I start moving the mouse, etc. (Hz rises). In games freesync works perfectly, but I would like to know if there is a way to disable it for desktop use. If I deactivate it from Radeon software every time I start a game I have to reactivate it

AMD software Adrenalin Version: 24.6.1
Monitor: Asus VG279QM
GPU: Asus ROG Strix RX 6700 XT

0 Likes
1 Reply
Thomaat
Journeyman III

Hi i don't know if you will respond to this but do you still have this issue? Im on the 24.7.1 drivers and i have the same issue as you described. 

Thank you for your response

0 Likes