cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fuwafuwa
Newcomer

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition not updating properly

Hello, I'm having an issue with updating AMD Software on my Lenovo laptop that was bought with no operating system. I am running Windows 11 on it and the only graphics driver I installed was AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, per the support page's recommendation for my processor and iGPU: the Ryzen 7 7840HS with Radeon 780M graphics.

Whenever I try to update AMD Software, in the middle of the update the computer goes into a black screen that it never comes back from until I restart the computer with the power button. When I restart, the computer boots up normally and the black screen is gone, however AMD Software is uninstalled without the updated version taking its place. Looks like something's broken between uninstalling the old version and installing the new one. I've normally just went to the support page and downloaded the installer for the updated version and installed that after each time this error happened (which is every time I try to update from inside AMD Software).

However I'm not sure if it's healthy to force restart the machine every time in the middle of a driver update. I want to know if there's a way to update the driver and working around this issue or to fix it altogether. I have a feeling I might have done things wrong by only installing AMD Software after installing Windows but I really don't know.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance.

0 Likes
0 Replies