cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FPS get locked when i idle at most games

My FPS get stuck at 69 on most games i play (CSGO, ROCKET LEAGUE for example). I have a RX 590 saphire gold edition, a i7 4790, 16gb of ddr3, a common motherboard h81mhv3 from biostar, a 650w power supply 80+. The problem is when i move the game ramps up in FPS it goes from 69 locked to 150 or more but when i stop moving it lowers it self to 69 and stays there, it does not go lower 69 and i do not know what is the problem, i have the drivers up to date and my windows drivers too... so i am kinda lost. i used to have a r9 270 and that didnt happened when i did the upgrade last month happend this and i dont know how to solve it the games run smoothly if you keep moving if you stop it locks it self to 69. (is like if it goes to sleep when you idle).

69 am i getting TROLLED by amd. please help a brother out!!
#fps stuck#fps#rx 590#graphics video card#csgo problem#rocket_league#locked fps

0 Likes
5 Replies

When you did the install of the new card did you do a clean installation. Even though it was also an AMD card you need to make sure the old driver is completely removed, pull the card and install a fresh driver.

I would suggest you download DDU from wagnardsoft_com and follow the instructions. Then install the new driver with the internet disable.

See if that helps. Also with those 590's if you have not already, set your power limit slider in Wattman to 50. It seems to help most peoples stability greatly. Custom fan and temp curves can also be very helpful if the default settings tend to not be working for you. Frame rate issues can often be signs of thermal throttling. I have included a pic of my RX 580 settings that I use for power limit and fan and temp. Your card sets up the same way. Just don't follow my clock speeds for gpu or memory. Your card is different there.

jdrobinson314
Challenger

sebalemartinez, It sounds like you applied all the suggested fixes in the recommendations panel. 

One of those fixes is turning on radeon chill.

See if Radeon chill is enabled in the global settings, because that's exactly the kind of effect radeon chill has on FPS.

Not sure why it would be those numbers specifically.

yeah i did just that thinking amd would do the best for my gamimg experience... today when i get home from work i will see if thats the problem that keep bugging me, what program are you using to se those metrics aboot the graphics card ? is the radeon settings one?

thank you for taking the time to respond if this helps me i will tell you if it not i will come here crying again for help .

0 Likes

Well, I usually use the steam fps counter. But I have been disabling this as of late. I just use radeon settings for adjusting radeon settings.

When Radeon chill is on, the game will idle at the low end of the radeon chill range. Until I start to move around, then more fps is generated.

Radeon chill has a global toggle in the global settings in the gaming section. The fps range is adjustable in each game's individual profile.

TNX man i appreciate the info you gave me cuz it help me thanks a lot god bless you ♥