cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Bemmyberri
Journeyman III

Fps drops

Hi! i play fortnite, at least, i used to. i no longer play it regularly because of the frequent and intense fps drops that occur.  ive changed my settings, updated drivers, etc etc. nothing has worked. even in performance mode, they still occur. i also found out through epic games that this was pointed out by amd. 

if they know this is an issue, how do i fix it? what do i do?? my pc is good and runs other applications smoothly, but not fortnite.

Bemmyberri_1-1679870121344.png

below is a screenshot of my driver.

Bemmyberri_0-1679870064468.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

list your full PC specs as well as what resolution you play at so we can better help you

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Bemmyberri_0-1679956264577.png

0 Likes

Doesn't tell me what resolution you game at .. I'm assuming 1080p with a 5500xt with probably low'ish settings in the game you play

Doesn't tell me what speed your RAM is running at (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

Doesn't tell me if you have the latest BIOS installed for your motherboard

Doesn't tell me what make/model power supply you are running

You say you updated your drivers ..does that include the AM4 chipset driver from AMD.com?

IF you haven't already .. you can run the program called "DDU" and remove all past/present AMD GPU drivers .. reboot . .and THEN install the latest AMD GPU drivers from AMD.com

Make sure your Windows install is up to date 

How are your CPU/GPU temps?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes