cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

WuBMaYNE
Journeyman III

FPS Drops, Can't find a fix.

So I have a Ryzen 5 2600x paired with an RX 580 8gb, I play mostly League of Legends and I've always been able to play at 144FPS up until recently. I've tried every fix from completely clean installing windows 10, rolling back driver updates, rolling back windows updates, performance this and that, literally everything. 

What's happening when I play LoL is the frames will stay at 144 until I get into a team fight and they drop down to about 20 and even lower. I've actually found a temporary fix, anytime I change the resolution during the game it will stay at 144, but the next game I will have to change resolution. So I'm constantly going from 1900x1600 to 1700x1200 or something similar to that. So how is changing the resolution every game working, and can someone explain the permanent fix?

Also I tried installing Fortnite, it was basically unplayable because of the frame stuttering, but I didn't try the resolution trick before uninstalling. But either way I want to play on my native resolution and fix this.

1 Reply
mantoudes
Journeyman III

Hello dude,i have the exact same problem! My pc is mounted with a ryzen 5 3600. Another thing for me is that my pc sees my rx580 as if it is an rx 570 in device manager,i've been struggling for over a day to find a way to fix it but can't seem to find anything that works. Hope we both get it fixed.

0 Likes