cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MarcoBleq
Journeyman III

Fortnite Crash on Vega 7

So when i open the Fortnite and load to lobby pass 5 or 6 seconds and crash after it the Amd Bug Report Tool open saying "We detected a driver timeout has ocorred on your system. A bug report has been generated..." So can someone help to fix this bug?

My specification:

Processor: Ryzen 5 4600g

Memory: 16 gb ram DDR4 3200mhz

Motherborad: Biostar Group B450MHP

Videocard: Vega 7

AMD Radeon Software version is 23.9.1

I tried Uninstall and Reinstall BattleEye. I Uninstall and Reinstall my AMD driver and Epic Games Launcher and Fortnite can someone help?

23 Replies
Guz
Journeyman III

I've been experiencing this issue too, I've tried about everything. Just letting you know you aren't alone on this!

MarcoBleq
Journeyman III

I updated to 23.11.1 and the same error persist, i still dont know how to fix it

0 Likes
yupichkin
Journeyman III

Yes, I had the same problem in november - it seems after updating windows and updating radeon software. Perhaps there are some driver conflicts or something similar? But I used Display driver unistaller to remove the drivers and install the February 2023 ones from amd - this did not help and the game also crashes after 5-6 seconds in the main menu.

0 Likes

Hello - idk what happened, but somehow this problem git fixed - fortnite launched and didn't freeze in main lobby after 5-6 seconds. Idk what happened because i uninstalled drivers by DDU and installed newest one (23.11.1 - 17.10.2023). After that i got problem again and on the next day it got fixed. Try do clearly unistall drivers by DDU and maybe it will work for you.

trixnaku18
Adept I

I've been experiencing this issue too in every game I played, after a couple of minutes the game will crash, and the pc will force to reboot.

AMD sucks, this issue has been going for months now. They didn't even do anything to fix this issue.

This is fkin annoying. The last option we need to do is to move in NVIDIA. 

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the posts, just to acknolwedge we are looking into this. I'll update the discussion when I have more information to share. 

Same problem here. Win 11 and AMD Driver 23.11.1 Fortnite crashes after a few secconds after loading the lobby.
I can´t play since weeks.
Is there any workaround known? Earlier drivers for example?
Thanks.

0 Likes

Launching the game in performance mode seems to be the best workaround for the moment. Even weirder, the game only crashes when wearing certain outfits (it doesn't have to be you, someone could join your lobby with a random outfit and it may crash your game so watch out for that).

0 Likes

Hello everyone. I found the problem. The problem was using a newer skin. Whatever the reason, after I switched back to a default skin, Fornite worked as usual again.

0 Likes
RurouniOwl
Journeyman III

The problem happens to me too, but only when I'm wearing some skins, like those from the season before November for example, try opening the game and trying to change the skin before the main menu loads.

0 Likes
vetemzx7
Journeyman III

Estou com o mesmo problema e tenho um Ryzen 5 4600G

0 Likes
dogecoun
Journeyman III

for me its because i had a skin on, Im permantly on default skin so it doesnt crash

Zyv
Adept II

possible fix, use directx 12 or performance mode, let me know if it works 

0 Likes
akostadinov
Journeyman III

I just solved this issue for me with Ryzen 7840U/Radeon 780M

The drivers coming stock from lenovo I think were the "pro" drivers. I tried everything else. Eventually installed Adrenalin edition directly from AMD and it started to work like a charm. Just perfectly well in DX12 fullscreen mode. The game started ok in DX11 mode but I didn't try playing like that, probably it would play well in DX11 mode too.

0 Likes

Wrong reply...

0 Likes
Baelkash
Journeyman III

I've been getting crashes in Fortnite since updating to the 23.11.1 drivers with a 5700G. Have rolled back to 23.8.2 to fix the issue.

0 Likes
dogecoun
Journeyman III

switch to performence mode in fortnite for dx11 and low settings turn off replay mode if you want extra fps

0 Likes
KennyT
Journeyman III

Good day all, have we made any progress with the issue?  @Matt_AMD do you perhaps have an update for us?

I've tried running an older driver 23.8.1 but Fortnite still crashes after a few seconds in the lobby.

Gerryice
Journeyman III

Also having same problem, bought 2 PCs exact same spec., one is working other is giving driver timeout error only happens on Fortnite.

Exact same problem @Matt_AMD

0 Likes
ErasmusCF1
Journeyman III

I have tried everything, fortnite keeps crashing and amd driver timeout message appears. I have back rolled and used DDU but still not luck. Only fortnite

0 Likes
ZavMuss
Journeyman III

i had the same problem initially it crashed one time and then it didn't crasehed untill i updated to the new drivers version, crashes only happeend in fornite. 

0 Likes

I had the same problem. Try to deactivate Game Bar, which automatically starts in the background every time you start a game, in the gaming menue of Windows. This solved the problem in my case. Game bar seems to have problems to start and causes driver timeouts when the computer is running a resolution higher then full hd.

0 Likes