Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gbose666
Adept I

Flickering pixels only with driver installed

hi,

so i have this strange problem whenever i installed a driver i got strange flickering pixel on my screen & when i uninstalled it there is no problem at all.. i used some previous released drivers the the problem remains same but when ever i uninstalled it the problem is gone for good.. my specs are amd r5 3500, rx 580 8gig oc edition, 8 gb ram 3000mhz. any suggestions will be helpful. i have attached a screenshot to show you a bit of it.

thank you

0 Likes
7 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You should seek your GPU related consumer rights.

0 Likes

so i have a faulty graphics card???

0 Likes

Yes. Unfortunately. The number of graphics glitches and crashes will increase as you continue to use your GPU. If your GPU is under warranty, it will be correct to seek your consumer rights.

0 Likes

oh no.. it's only one & a half months old gpu & i didn't even do any intense gaming on it..  

0 Likes

Try a different DP or HDMI cable. If the result does not change, the GPU is most likely faulty.

0 Likes

so yesterday night the problem fixed itself. i don't know how but its fixed now so i just have one thing in mind that will the problem reappear.. i will try a different hdmi cable & a new vga cable though. you are really helpful on the issue..

thank you   

You're welcome. If you are not doing GPU-OC and you are not making changes with WattMan settings, similar errors indicate that the GPU is faulty. Similar situations may occur if the HDMI or the DP cable is not of sufficient quality. Similar errors can happen if the GPU port (PCI express port) is not clean. But these are very exceptional cases. So the screenshot you are sharing is definitely a hardware GPU error.

Goodbye...

0 Likes