cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

OxpLay
Journeyman III

Everytime Windows uptade Advanced Micro Devices My amd drivers

Everytime Windows uptade Advanced Micro Devices My amd drivers  wont work and dont open unless ı delete it and reinstall it please help

6 Replies
SayedCav
Adept I

facing the same issues lets hope somebody answers to this btw this is what you referring to right ??

Settings 18_01_2024 3_12_08 pm.png

0 Likes
SayedCav
Adept I

Also, what are your system specifications??

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

The only time I've let windows install gpu drivers is a fresh install or I'm totally stuck for some reason.

If you NEED to update the gpu then get the driver from AMD and do it yourself.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

So, wont it cause any problems? like screen crashing or things like that cause this a problem right and it will happen every time I update my windows no matter, I want it or not. Also why don't windows just make them driver same as AMD sheet is just absurd.

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

I'm  guessing you still have the HP laptop 15-ef1xxx and that Directx result you posted is still valid.

=========================================================================================

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

AMD recommends you install drivers from the  HP website for your machine because sometimes manufacturers mess with defaults.

If there are  problems then get them from AMD at https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic...

=========================================================================================

Just ignore windows optional driver updates for AMD.  I don't have a problem with bluetooth, wifi, audio etc.

I have the pro version of windows so my update screen is different. Check through the update menus and see if there's an option to turn off driver updates. Probably in ADVANCED section

Normally the safe thing is don't update drivers unless there's a reason. Don't fix it, if it's not broken.

Why aren't they the same? I don't know the true unadulterated version of why. I consider the windows driver to be bare-bones to get your machine up and running so you can install the recommended driver.

Hope that helps.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

Thank you for this bro helps a lot this situation got my mind fumbled nonetheless knowing it's not a big deal either way whichever driver I run it shouldn't be a problem. 

Btw I will just carry on using the AMD version of the driver rather than windows one because I be having the Ryzen processor. 

0 Likes