Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eispfogel
Adept I

AUEPMaster.exe causes high WMI Provider Host usage

Hello there

After i installed Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 the system got very very loud over time.

I noticed that WMI Provider Host had a high system usage and caused my CPU to not clock down anymore. My 7490HS(System is a Beelink GTR7 Pro) was constantly running at 4.5-5.1 GHz.

I checked the WMI Eventlogs and found out that the issue was caused by PID 3428(for my system that is AUEPMaster.exe).
When i stop that service the system runs silent again, clocks down to 1.6-2GHz and works fine.

I reinstalled the driver, but the issue remains.

That driver also removed vsync...so - what can i do? Install an older driver?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Check in the amd software app. 'settings > preferences' that 'amd user experience...' has not been enabled?

Join is not enabled, or select Leave to disable.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Check in the amd software app. 'settings > preferences' that 'amd user experience...' has not been enabled?

Join is not enabled, or select Leave to disable.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
eispfogel
Adept I

I could swear i have choosen to not provide feedback to AMD when reinstalling the driver.
But yeah - either disabling the user experience, or stopping the service works.

Who knows what went wrong there. Normally i like to report errors to AMD with that...but since it's causing issues i will leave it off.

Thank you goodplay!