cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Cip
Adept II

Ethernet adapter was reset during driver 22.5.2 installation

I've updated to 22.5.2 from 22.5.1 and my ethernet card was disabled during the installation.

This has occurred previously with other GPU driver installations from AMD. 

I don't understand why my ethernet card needs to be disabled by a GPU driver update. 

3 Replies
Axton
Challenger

That's a new one. I've had some very strange glitches with my system since buying a Radeon gpu.  Granted I haven't reinstalled Windows since but I understood those days were behind us(?).

I won't get into detail about my issues here (unless people ask) but all I can say is it seems the automatic install script built into the Adrenalin driver is not the 'one click solution' we're led to believe it is. So if my suspicions are true I'll be using DDU on any future driver update (assuming I keep this gpu).

Coming from nvidia I'm used to extremely easy driver management doing it manually myself, not with Geforce Experience. What steps do people follow when changing gpu drivers on 6xxx series Radeons? 

Do you uninstall using windows control panel first (safe mode or not)?

Do you let Adrenalin manage installing new ones or do you manually install new drivers directly overtop the existing ones?  

Do you use DDU in safemode every single time?

0 Likes

This specific issue is not a big deal for me.

Perhaps this is a bug during the installation.
I am sure it will be cleared eventually.  

I had one previously that was annoying.

After using the Adrenalin app if I would drag an app window around, it would move in slow motion.  

I had to close Adrenalin to fix it. 

It was solved after some updates.  

0 Likes

I have used DDU to get rid of all of the Nvidia stuff.

Afterwards, never bothered with DDU again.

Adrenalin has options to do a clean install. It will delete all previous files and stop Windows from updating you GPU driver after restart.  So this is what DDU does. 

AMD also has a tool (AMD Cleanup Utility) which can remove these driver files just like DDU. 
As far as I can see, Adrenalin does not have an option to auto install drivers, only to auto download so it's up to you if you want a clean install or not.
I've had no issues caused by driver installation over previous ones either.