cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Prokky
Journeyman III

Error 4101 Event Veiwer amdwddmg constant crashing.

I've had this computer for about 3 months and it has been nothing but problems. I have been getting many driver timeouts almost everyday at least 3 times a day and I cant figure out why its doing it. I watched youtube videos telling me to adjust my mhz to 1366 on adrenaline software still wont work. I disabled windows from updating my drivers and used DDU many times to uninstall and re-install. I manually checked my ram and reseated them and my gpu, no pins missing or chipped. I have tried changing the crash registry to make it wait longer before it crashes, still does it. The crashing doesn't happen at a specific action or time it happens very randomly but it happens alot and when it does it will freeze my screen turn black and turn back on and what ever I had open closes. My power supply is good as theres more than enough watts to support my system. I have an Radeon RX 580 as my gpu, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz CPU and 32GB SK Hynix HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH (4 sticks with 8gb each). Im thinking its more of my gpu being the prime suspect but it might be something else, im not sure what much to do anymore so if theres something else or I should just get a new gpu let me know.

0 Likes
13 Replies
9K001
Journeyman III

Unfortunately, my situation is the same as yours, including the model of the graphics card.
This problem has been going on for nearly two weeks, but it still can't be solved.
The specific performance is that as long as using GPU acceleration software can not be used properly, including: browser, vscode, postman.
I searched the Internet for a lot of solutions, including:
1. Reinstall the driver. ----- it can't be solved. (tried all kinds of drivers, including those that were normal before).
2. Redo the system (win10/win11) and reinstall the driver.  ----- it can't be solved. 
In this regard, I even suspect that there is a physical problem with my graphics card.

I posted here asking about the solution to this problem, but no one replied to me.
Address: There is something wrong with my driver (NSIS Error) 

The reason why I came to reply to your post is to see that you and my graphics card are of the same model. I think it is possible to eliminate the physical problems of my graphics card.

I still hope that AMD can help me solve this problem.

0 Likes

I'm not sure if you checked or not but when you look in event viewer > windows logs> system, whenever you crash do you ever get an error 4101 saying "Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered."?

0 Likes

I followed this article here and it seems like it did something for me. Follow this article see if it makes a difference for you. 

https://windowsreport.com/display-driver-amdwddmg-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered/

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
I browse the above website and select the projects that I have not done before.
But unfortunately, there is still no way to solve the problems I have encountered.
Have you solved your problem?

0 Likes

20240402_102229.jpg

I am hoping they will fix these timeouts, they are horrible.

0 Likes

Oh yeah yours is wayyy worse than mine. The steps on website should limit that I haven't had a problem yet.

0 Likes

This is a very sad picture.
My graphics card doesn't have this problem as often as you do, probably because I don't play games very much.
I'd like to confirm with you, can you troubleshoot the graphics card hardware according to the time of your purchase and the actual use in the past?
I have seen this problem with several 5-series graphics cards in the community.

0 Likes

Its timeouts related to one game - Kingdom Hearts HD1.5+2.5 ReMIX on Epic Games, I'm waiting on a potential fix incoming.

0 Likes

Try and re-seat your ram or switch out there slots they are in. 

0 Likes

Does switching memory slots solve your problem?

0 Likes

It helped me a little bit, but what helped me the most/mainly was opening command box as admin then running these commands in order.
1.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
4. sfc /scannow
then i restarted, I have not had a crashing issue so far since I did that.

0 Likes

Thank you for synchronizing the information, after my test, can not solve the problem.
What is your OS version and driver version?

0 Likes

Can you share your version of OS and the version of your graphics card driver?

0 Likes