Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

hadtoregister
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin resets to default settings, due to an unknown problem

Hello,

i've bought a RX 7800 XT graphics card in november 2023. I'm always using the latest official Adrenalin Software since then and i got a problem which persists in all versions.

When i manually configure the fans of the gfx card in Adrenalin (i have not overclocked the gfx card, i just want that the fans of the card run with ~1800 RPM, instead of ~1500 RPM with default settings), the Adrenalin Software spits out a message, that due to an unexpected error, Adrenalin was set back to default settings. This can happen while a game or application is running, as well as when the PC is idle @ desktop. But i get no crashes in games or applications. It's just that Adreanlin sets itself back to default settings and i lose my custom fan settings.

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnybgood89
Adept II

Same thing for years... MSI Afterburner is a conflict that is I know. 

Also, sometimes it stays up, sometimes my undervolt get back to default... 

0 Likes

Same issue here don't even have to reboot and adrenalin would revert settings back to default - sometimes even mid game. Have to keep metrics open to ensure settings are not back to default especially fan settings. Just don't like the "too low for me" settings AMD uses and at least have basic overclocking active.

Made sure BIOS has fast boot off and thought windows was off as well but an update may have reset that.

Also crippled or shutdown Windows copilot through vivetool ( https://github.com/thebookisclosed/ViVe/releases) which seems to have some effect on adrenalin.

for some reason keeping adrenalin open sometimes keeps my settings from disappearing but not always

it is a pain

0 Likes