cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DXGI error device hung

Hello Amd,

Hope all is well with, ever since the latest update My games have been crashing constantly. Ran multiple diagnostics from CPU to all the way to GPU and it seems everything is working fine besides my AMD 7900 XTX. I play call of duty, FIFA, NBA, etc. All of them at low Graphic settings either crashes or Lags frequently during gameplay. The common error I have Benn getting are:

- DirectX Function "Get device removed reason." failed with DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG.

- Error Code: 0x887A0005 (0x887A0006) (6068) D
Signature: 987008FC-0B260A6E-39404DF9F-06FD2DDC
Executable: sp23\sp23-cod.exe

I would really appreciate it this can be investigated and hopefully resolved!

Many thanks in Advance,

Respectfully

Shaikh

14 Replies
Giuse
Adept I

Hi, I also have the same problems with my RX 7900xtx as you for about 1 month. Unfortunately the Amd support tells me to try the power or other hardware components which I did but didn't solve anything. The only solution I found at the moment is to play in FullHD since this way I have no errors, if I use the card on my 1440p monitor I have continuous crashes. I contacted the seller of the card I hope to have a replacement or a king of the product because it is completely under warranty.

Wow thats interesting, I also do play on 1440p. it started happening from the last update. As much as I like AMD products this is by far the worst issue I have ever dealt with. I have a Full AMD build and I intent to keep it that way! I just think another update needs to happen and this component needs to be researched. 

0 Likes

That is interesting. Thankfully I am not alone. I also have AMD RX7900xtx and getting error. Moreover, I am also running on 1440p but I haven't tested it on 1080p. error.png

0 Likes

Even I have up to date GPU drivers, I get the same error.

0 Likes
Minsup54
Adept II

Is your error from playing COD? I usually get game_ship.exe crash and started to get the COD.exe crash last night. I am also a full AMD build.

0 Likes

So the game gets very choppy and does random Lag spikes. I get that error on every game if I play on medium to somewhat ""High"" settings. if I play on Low settings, which I am doing now it does crash it just lags a lot. Very Frustrating

0 Likes

When i look into it further, I get a "GetDeviceRemovedReason"

I can't figure out why my 7900 xtx crashes so much in COD titles.

0 Likes
Arnavroxx
Adept I

Hi, I am also facing this issue with my Games and Graphic Drivers crashing. I had built my PC in middle of December, with Radeon RX 7600 GPU paired with i5 12400f. Every time when I play The Finals, Apex Legends, Spiderman Remastered (only have tested these games so far), The game crashes after 5-10mins randomly with error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. Tested these games in all resolutions even below 1080p and changed different graphic settings but nothing works.

Although other games like Forza Horizon 5, Valorant, Overwatch 2 are having no issues. All the games are played on 1080p Resolution. After doing all the research, performing driver changes and Installing fresh Windows multiple times, it is still the same. I hope this issue gets fixed in future updates.

Apex Legends CrahingApex Legends CrahingThe Finals CrashingThe Finals Crashing

0 Likes

Update to my problem: almost all of my games which were using dx12 or unreal engine were crashing, so I switched my GPU from a friend of mine for a week, his 4060 worked completely fine in my PC and my Rx 7600 worked completely fine in his PC. So I ended up RMAing my GPU (Rx 7600) and the replacement unit I got works completely fine now, I guess it was just some compatibility issue or something not sure.

This tech site gives some common troubleshooting tips on how to fix your DIGI error: https://www.technewstoday.com/fix-dxgi-error-device-hung-error/

This tech site has similar tips but some different ones than the above link: https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-11/8-ways-to-fix-a-dxgi-error-device-hung-error-on-windows-11-or-10...

0 Likes

I did all of the mentioned fixes but nothing seems to work, Games are still crashing after just 5-10mins when I am mid game. Is this problem related to Driver Issue or maybe caused due to faulty hardware? Should I wait for a new driver update or just have my GPU replaced?

0 Likes

Try stress testing your hardware using OCCT and see if it crashes during each of the 3 tests or not.

That might indicate if it is hardware or driver issue.

keep an eye on Temps, PSU Outputs, and Fan speeds.

0 Likes

I used OCCT few times over the week, ran it for around 5-6hr straight many times but my PC didn't crash even once or gave any error.

Although I found out that GPU Power Maximum was around 230-250 watts during 3D adaptive switch configuration, but remained below 180 watts for all the other tests. The GPU temps never crossed 70 degrees.

So is the DXGI Error caused by hardware or Software?

0 Likes
Arnavroxx
Adept I

I noticed that the crash was only happening to me with DX12 games, as Finals, Apex Legends both use DX12 and F1 2022 DX12 also crashed when I tried to test on it.
But when I ran 3D Mark Time Spy for 1-2hr, still there were no crashes or errors.

What could I further do to fix this problem?

0 Likes