cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

-Holo-
Adept I

How to rollback drivers when installer gives me the latest?

So. How in the curseword can a software be to troublesome?
I noticed today that for some reason my Oculus Rift S's view was green. (With Adrenaline 24.1.1) Googling it gave the answer that 24.1.1 drivers were the culprit.
I used 23.11.1 version last when it worked but I am unable to rollback and install the 23.11.1 version no matter how.

I uninstalled 24.1.1 and launched the installer i used for 23.11.1 (amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.11.1-minimalsetup-231102_web.exe)
But it still installs 24.1.1

I rebooted into safe mode and uninstalled with DDU, rebooted back to normal and ran the 23.11.1 installer, but still installs 24.1.1

I can't install the driver offline since it ofcourse checks online and gives me the latest drivers with no clear options on the website how to get a hold of older (working) srivers.

WHY is this such a problem?
I really thought the buzz with AMD and terrible driver was just a hyperbole, but I'm starting to regret switching to AMD graphics at this point.

2 Replies
twofold
Journeyman III

I am having a similar problem.  Some of my expensive applications no longer recognize my computer because of 24 updates.  I need the 23 back, NOW.

0 Likes
2DEZstb
Adept II

First of all, graphics card drivers can be found anywhere...whether Intel, Nvidia or AMD.
So don't immediately blame AMD.
Cleanly uninstall drivers with AMDCleanupUtility.
where can I find this ? my pc-AMD-AMD-SOFTWARE-INSTALLER-Bin64.
Here you can find published AMD GPU drivers (scroll)
www.techpowerup.com/download/amd-radeon-graphics-drivers/

greetings

0 Likes