cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KindJumpy
Journeyman III

DX12 mGPUs doesn't support Dx12 Ultimate?

I have 2 6900xt and running them on AMD mGPU mode(DX12 mGPU), Then I find out the system wont let me use dx12 ultimate... It is not that bad, but Im still confused... So DX12 limits its own functions due to mGPUs? 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Read this Tech article about MultiGPU using AMD 5600 and 5700 GPU Cards with DX12 and Vulkan working: https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5600-xt-rx-5700-dx12-multi-gpu-tests-up-to-71-percent-faster/

Seems like to make DX12 work the game developer must code the game to use MultiGPU technology. There are very few games optimized for MultiGPU use as stated by the article.

This link gives all the games that support DX12 & Vulkan using MultiGPU technology: https://en.everybodywiki.com/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

The list above is quite out-dated but you get the picture.

You need to contact the game's deverlopers to find out if a specific game supports Multi-GPU and DX12 and Vulkan.

Thx for the info, but ur answer doesn't match my question. I'm not talking about Dx12 Games, I am talking about Microsoft DX12 itself. When u enable the mGPU option, both GPUs will lose all DX12_2 features in the system.

What does it mean? It means either Microsoft or Amd disabled DX12_2 features when ur using more than 1 card. U can't not use Ray tracing with 2x 6900xt, and that has nothing to do with games. IT IS DISABLED BY DX12 OR AMD DRIVER. System info shows that the hardware (2 x 6900xt) doesn't support DX12_2...

I have asked both AMD and Microsoft MANY TIMES, and they know nothing! They don't even have relevant documents to look up. I really wish those engineers could test it before launch it! If you cannot support all the features, you can choose not to publish/not promote. It is unacceptable to release a prototype as a finished product, whether it is software or hardware.

0 Likes

Okay sorry that I misunderstood your question. Most Users normally ask about DX12 due to playing games.

So what you are saying that in MGPU setup DX12 feature is disabled.  You are correct that it is either a AMD Driver or Windows issue. 

Maybe one of the Moderators can help you or guide you to where you might be able to get the answer.

0 Likes