cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Fasku1
Journeyman III

Dual Monitor Micro Stutters w/ OSU!

So for about a year now I've been having some issues with the game OSU! with the game stuttering when something is being displayed on my secondary monitor, say a discord animation such as a notification or a message from a live chat.

This stuttering causes my cursor to freeze, leading me to mess up. The only way for me to fix this was to minimize any application that was on my secondary monitor to stop the stutters from occurring. This was really more of a band-aid then a fix and defeated the purpose of me having dual monitors.

For some time I tried adjusting many settings in the Radeon Software but to no avail until recently someone with the same issue had contacted me. They informed me of how they had fixed the issue with my specific graphics card (5700xt). That was running an older version of the Radeon Software, being radeon pro software enterprise 20.Q4-nov10 driver. The issue is that the drivers are almost about a year old, which causes some issues with newer games. 

Even though I have found a "fix" I was wondering if there was a way to try to fix this stuttering issue in the newer drivers if it had been fixed in the past. If someone working with AMD could get back to me on this that would be helpful.

video of stutter: https://youtu.be/vr7Q1Q60Lzk

specs:

⚬ Monitor 1: Legion y25-25 (240hz)

⚬ Monitor 2: Benq (60hz)

⚬ GPU: 5700XT MECH OC

⚬ CPU: Ryzen 3700x

⚬ RAM: 32 GB (DON'T KNOW TYPE)

⚬ STORAGE: 1 TB SSD WD BLUE

0 Replies