cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KylieGreaves
Journeyman III

Drivers help - total noob

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am at my wit's end with trying to understand why i cant figure out how to get my drivers up to date, if i have downloaded the 'AMD software adrenaline edition etc' correctly (doubtful) and I've put it off for months asking for help because of the assumed condescension and 'read the whole forum before you dare ask' - which usually end in me spending an hour scrolling, reading, finding no answer that I can understand, and rage-quitting. But now, my favorite game will not run, and I've very close to launching my PC out of the window... 

So. Drivers. These things need updating. I have a Radeon Rx 5700. I navigated to the correct page on the support pages, and found a Windows 11 download for the automatic software detection and drivers update. I clicked to download, opened and ran the defined product, and spent the time watching it download, chipsets and all. I restarted my computer. No sign of the software anywhere. After a while, i found a File labeled 'AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-24.3.1-MinimalSetup-240320_web'. Click in it - and there's 'Bin64, Config and setup'. Bin64 contains the attached. 

KylieGreaves_0-1713890019724.png

I attempted to open the highlighted 'app' as it looks like the only thing closely resembling relevant to me in achieving getting some software installed to help, but it just takes me back to the original install process that i have already done (below). 

KylieGreaves_1-1713890087222.png

I HAVE noticed that the folder has an error - 

KylieGreaves_2-1713890133296.png

But I am unable to fix it, when i explore it, and have no idea WHAT The error is. 

So why is this happening? Why is there not a simple way for me to keep my computer operational? Why does it take trawling a forum to achieve something that should be user friendly, WORK, and be a basic and pre-installed element of my machine? 

Please - if anyone can help. I'm furiously frustrated and assumed knowledge is gatekeeping me from enjoying gaming right now. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
rawintellect
Miniboss

Go here.
Click Windows 11 - 64-Bit Edition.
Select this one. Not the PRO. Not the Autodetect. 

rawintellect_0-1713901632466.png

Click Download.
Go to where you saved it. (probably downloads)
Double click it.  Click "additional options." check "factory reset" 
The following will show.

rawintellect_0-1713900915913.png

Click install. 
Reboot. 
Enjoy.

0 Likes