cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sylveous
Journeyman III

Drivers broken past 22.5.1 on 6700xt.

Any time i update my drivers past 22.5.1, no matter the version, my entire pc just breaks. I can't change the resolution,half my games don't launch or recognize there's even a driver installed, and vr doesn't work. It's perfectly fine if it's an earlier version than that, but it's infuriating to not be able to play any newer games because i'm "out of date". 

My device specifications are: 
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU : Amd RX 6700XT
RAM: 32gb clocked at 3200 speed
I have Smart access memory enabled, no overclocking or underclocking on either cpu/gpu.
I use a valve index quite a lot, so working VR is important to me. 
Yes, i have tried every way to install new drivers, full uninstalls with ddu, safe mode, downloading the full driver from the website and installing it that way rather than adrenaline, the works. The only version of drivers that works for me is 22.5.1, which at this point is a year old driver.

What do i do about this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Dragokar
Miniboss

It is usually not necessary, but do you have updated chipset drivers and an up-to-date UEFI version?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

It is usually not necessary, but do you have updated chipset drivers and an up-to-date UEFI version?

0 Likes

I beleive so? It's been a while since i messed with it, but i did get SAM working, so there's that. 

I do beleive its a issue centered around my VR headset and it recognizing it as a 3rd display. The moment i turn on steamvr is when it all breaks down and the driver stops working entirely. The only driver version this issue doesnt occur on, is 22.5.1

0 Likes

It would appear that was the solution. I thought bios drivers and chipset drivers were the same? I dunno, i never downloaded the "chipset drivers" from the website so i just did that and now, it works. 

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Could you check this please? Also, what happens when you remove your VR-headset completely before upgrading the drivers?

0 Likes

The same issue whether its plugged in or not. Once i plug it in, the drivers just die. 
I guess ill have to look into updating the chipset drivers, is it the flash bios thing? Because i've only done that once, to get my 5800x working, then didnt touch it again because its sketchy to flash bios idk. 

0 Likes

So is it solved or still an issue, I am kinda confused right now sorry-.-

0 Likes