Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MSyla
Journeyman III

AMD Driver 23.4.3 - Adaptive Sync not available on Philips 346P1CRH/00

Hello,

I am having trouble activating Adaptive Sync on my 34" Philips 346P1CRH/00 monitor, using a RX 6700 XT.

It is advertised as having Adaptive Sync technology (no FreeSync certification), but in the AMD Adrenalin Driver Settings (Ver. 23.4.3, first installed version on new Windows 11 machine), the option is not available, saying "AMD FreeSync - not supported". As the settings option isn't even displaying the correct wording (FreeSync instead of Adaptive Sync), it looks to me that the software does not recognize the monitor to have that capability.

The device is connected via HDMI 2.0 cable, but the same problem occurs when connecting via DisplayPort 1.4 cable.

In the monitor OSD settings there is no option available to turn Adaptive Sync on or off. No monitor firmware update available.

What could be the issue?

Is the monitor not sending the correct signal? Or could there be a database entry in the Adrenalin Driver missing?

I hope it somehow is the latter, as there will definitely be no firmware update coming from Philips' side for a 3 year old monitor.

The idea of something missing in the driver came from this reddit thread, as in that case a driver update at least fixed the correct sync wording:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/zdvum4/dell_aw3423dwf_freesync_premium_pro_showing_up_as/

Philips support hotline isn't helpful for now, only giving general hints that don't help.

Anyways, I hope that someone here has an idea what the issue could be.

Thank you and Best regards,

Jules

0 Likes
0 Replies