cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gopo2284
Journeyman III

Driver Timeout issue

Hello, everyone! I recently bought ASUS Vivobook Pro 15 (MA106), powered by R9 7940HS and 4050, and at start everything seemed great. I used it for about a month and then suddenly one day I tried to open my YouTube in my Chrome browser only to find that all videos played there crashed my browser. Than things got much worse. Windows, by the way I use 11, started to be laggy, but AMD stats, opened with "Ctrl+Shift+O", updated with normal speed. I noticed temperatures of CPU and GPU grew to 80C and 60C correspondingly. Then my screen went dark and I got message "Driver Timeout". I tried to reload system, but it didn`t work. Also I tried to reinstall system 2 times and at first all seemed to be fixed but after couple of hours things started again. One thing that reduced effect was not to update driver, but this issue bothers me for 3rd day and I can`t even study on this laptop. If anyone had the same issue, please help, I really need it to work as soon as possible!

0 Likes
1 Reply
radu1006
Adept III

Is not clear if you are using the 4050 GPU or the integrated one. Which driver failed. Check the event viewer in windows under Windows logs>System to see what driver failed.

If it is the amd driver and you are using amd gpu driver 24.1.1, uninstall it and install 23.12.1. That will fix the crashes.,

0 Likes