cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Fusious
Adept I

Driver timed out

I have done multiple ddu clean outs. I have manually sent in to uninstall all traces of nvidia. Ddu isn’t detecting any previous traces of the card anymore. I’ve reinstalled Amd drivers several times. I still continue to get a driver timed out message after I turn on my pc almost everytime. It doesn’t ever crash again. Just on pc boot.

everything was bought during Black Friday 

ryzen 5 7600x

gskill ddr5 32gb

asus rog thor 850w

xfx qick 6750xt

gigabyte aorus b650e master 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Turns out it was gigabyte control center rgb sync. My pc used to flash and they would all come back on at the same time to my selected color. I disabled gcc from starting up on startup and that fixed it. And I went to open it and it crashed the gpu driver. Now I just have them unsynced and they come on individually at different times. No more issues. What a dumb issue but I’m glad it’s solved 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Listing your full PC specs would help us to better help you.. including make/model/age of your power supply

I was having driver timeouts on my wife's PC due to running a subpar power supply on her setup. Replacing her PSU with a higher quality one fixed it

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Went ahead and added them. My hardware is more than good enough to run this gpu properly. 

0 Likes

Is your motherboard's BIOS up to date?

Do you have the latest AM5 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com?

Are you running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU?

Overclocking anything?

What speed is your RAM actually running at? (Task manager>Performance>Memory)

Do you know what type of RAM you have? (Samsung/Hynix/Micron)

For testing have you tried down clocking your GPU to see if issue persists?

Do games and everything else work ok after initial "Driver Timeout" message appears?

(Just an FYI .. but IF you are running any Samsung M.2's .. be sure to update the firmware on them to avoid data corruption)

My daughter runs a similar setup that we just put together yesterday

Ryzen 5 7600 w/Deepcool AK620

Gigabyte B650M Auros Elite AX w/latest BIOS

2x16GB Gskill Flare S5 6000 CAS36 (Samsung)

Gigabyte Gaming OC RX6800

EVGA GQ 850wtt 80+ Gold

Windows 11

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Bios is up to date. 
I’m pretty sure chipset drivers are up to date. Going to make sure. I already had Adrenalin installed before I got the 6750xt and I was not having any problems. 

I am running seperate power cables 

everything is auto oc 

I don’t remember if they’re Samsung or not

they are 6000mhz and running at 6000  

i have not tried to decrease the performance of my gpu to see if it works lol

yeah everything works just fine after the initial crash  

this morning was another new issue though. Looked like possibly really horrible artifacting but only on one of my monitors. The screen would get super pixelated everytime I moved the mouse and the pixel colors were neon green and purple. However unplugging and replugging in my monitor fixed that, never had that issue before this new gpu.

0 Likes

Sometimes ..for whatever reason.. the factory overclocks on some of these "XX50" variants are right on the bleeding edge of the silicon underneath and IF slowing their clocks down a smidge rectifies issues .. then it's either the GPU not handling the clocks or it's the PSU not delivering clean/stable enough power to said GPU .. and I'll end that with an "ish" .. lol

GPU X might run great on PSU Y .. but not on PSU Z .. type of thing .. Even if they are similarly spec'd ... maybe

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Upon doing ddu the last time and restarting the pc, it was still having the error without auto oc. So I don’t think that’s it either. And I would think if the clocks are too high it would be crashing in game. 

0 Likes

it sounds like just something in the initialization upon boot up .. hand shake something something .. but once you are past that .. all is good

Just thinking out loud

Do you get timeouts when PC resumes from sleep or just initial boot up?

I think it was Jayz two cents that had issues with ASUS Thor PSU and 3000 series Nvidia GPU's .. I guess IF you had access to another PSU, to try swapping for testing purposes of which is a pain in the buttocks I know

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I don’t ever put my pc to sleep but I can see. I usually do a full shutdown when I get off because I don’t get on everyday. 

0 Likes

Turns out it was gigabyte control center rgb sync. My pc used to flash and they would all come back on at the same time to my selected color. I disabled gcc from starting up on startup and that fixed it. And I went to open it and it crashed the gpu driver. Now I just have them unsynced and they come on individually at different times. No more issues. What a dumb issue but I’m glad it’s solved 

0 Likes