cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

itslio
Adept I

Driver ERRORED

Whenever I play Fortnite, my screen lags for 3-4 seconds, and then the game exits out. I've checked Event Viewer, and it said: "Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered" and "application RadeonSoftware has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware."

I've tried uninstalling the AMD driver with the AMD utility and reinstalling it, but to no avail.

My system information is as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Rog Strix Z-790 A WIFI II DDR5
RAM: 64gigs DDR5 Corsair Vengeance
CPU: Intel i9-12900KF
GPU: Sapphire Nitro + AMD XTX 7900 24gb (using Lian Li vertical mount)
PSU: Asus ROG Strix 1000W GOLD
Case: Lian Li 011D EVO XL
Fans: 6x140mm and 7x120mm Lian Li UNI fans

The computer was built just 2 weeks ago. Previously, I was using the ASUS ROG Strix 4070 Ti OC, but I switched to AMD because I heard a lot of good news about the recent XTX 7900 24gb. I installed this graphics card only 2 days ago.

Can someone please help me with this issue? I can't seem to figure out what is going on with it. 

(**UPDATES**) I've tried going into Settings>System>Display>Graphic and under Browse: I added AMD Game Configuration Service and AMD Software: Host Application and I set it as High Performance. I set everything related to AMD or the driver as High Performance. It has been a day now and there hasn't been any stutter or error.

0 Likes
1 Solution
itslio
Adept I

I've tried adding AMD Game Configuration Service and AMD Software: Host Application into: System>Display>Graphic and set it at High performance. Currently, I've not has any crashes for a whole day. I'm going try it with Heaven Benchmark tonight to see the result. I'll keep you guys updated.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KingMaraxus
Adept I

Unfortunately this seems to be a pretty wide-reaching problem with the drivers, many have this issue and there doesn't seem to be a universal fix.  AMD recently released new drivers which fix this problem for Helldivers II specifically, but it's still rampant in many (if not most) other games.

I feel your pain man, I RMA'd my card and got back a replacement 7900XTX and have the exact same problem, and I have absolutely nothing in common with your system beyond the card itself and corsair branded RAM.

0 Likes
itslio
Adept I

I've tried a bunch of games, and it seems to cause the exact same error where the driver times out, and the game freezes and exits. Now, I am debating whether I should return this card until AMD solves the issue with its drivers. I've tried disabling some services to see if it would cause the same issue, but nothing seemed to work. It was working fine when I used other graphics cards that I have on hand.

I've heard some people say that in games where there are driver crashes, limiting your GPU frequency might help to reduce the crashes.  I was able to get ESO relatively stable if I docked my frequency down to 90%.  That's an annoying power hit but it seems to work, perhaps you might have some luck running in a similar fashion.

0 Likes
itslio
Adept I

I've tried adding AMD Game Configuration Service and AMD Software: Host Application into: System>Display>Graphic and set it at High performance. Currently, I've not has any crashes for a whole day. I'm going try it with Heaven Benchmark tonight to see the result. I'll keep you guys updated.