cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MartinCZ987
Adept II

Do you thin 23.9.4 will finally fix all problems ?

Brothers when will AMD FIX those drivers i litellary need 23.9.1 to have normal system and here we are 30 days later and no fix on 23.9.3 **bleep** is this company i was having old gtx1060 6gb years and never have problem then i go full AMD 5600 and 6600RX and what i find adrenalin resseting every day XD broken drivers that freez browser and flickering with freesync my GOD IM SICK 

6 Replies
Vini182
Adept II

Brother, unfortunately the solution of AMD card is to sell and buy a nvidia.

I have a 6650xt since may of 2022, and since the first day, I have issues:
Black screens, stutterings, crashes.
The problem with the monitor does not return from sleep, was begin in february of 2023 (8 months) and continues until this day.
New problems ever come, like the breaks and stutterings on browsers,
stutterings in games, etc.

So, one thing is true: AMD need 2 or 3 years to solve (or not solve) problems with drivers of gpu cards.
You dont should to buy AMD cards on release, you should wait 3 years for minimum to buy and maybe dont have troubles.

simeongg
Adept II

Time for 23.9.4 was gone. Let's hope for 23.10.1. Resetting AMD software also need to be fixed, because latest MS preview cumulative update bring it, at least for Windows 11. I have same issues on my 7900XTX so it's for sure driver issue. For flickering problem version 23.7.x was last working for me.  For resetting AMD Software uninstall KB5030310 for W11 or may be for W10 KB5030300, which also is preview update.

yodamann
Adept II

use the AFMF preview driver, its literally my main driver now. AFMF is a game changer too for those on RDNA3/2.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Preview Driver for AMD Fluid Motion Frames Release Notes | AMD

Rockywhu
Adept III

Still getting hang ups with the latest AFMF driver. You'd think some sort of hotfix would be released by now

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
0 Likes
Rockywhu
Adept III

Still getting hang ups with the latest AFMF driver. sent about 3 tickets to the AMD BUG Tool but they obs don't care about ppl who tune the GPU settings.

resets GPU tuning and just had a crash when I manually tried to put my settings back lol

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
0 Likes
BADJUJU
Adept I

saving up since the pandemic, and finally it's time to upgrade the good old GTX 1080. My plan is to upgrade to 4070, but the news about 7800 XT caught my attention. I'm not planning to play games with Ray Trace that much. and all I do with the PC is play games. So with Nvidia's bad pricing, I think this new 7800 XT will be perfect for me.
Sept. 24, my build is done.

Ryzen 5 7600X, Sapphire Pure RX 7800 XT, DDR5 32GB 6000Mhz, ASUS TUF B650M-E WIFI, 850w 80+ Gold
SAM & EXPO, RDNA3, Upcoming FSR3, Fluid Motion
Finally, it's time for gaming.

The first thing I do is benchmark with 3Dmark. It passed every run, but when I try the stress test, it immediately crashes, and after that, it's 2.5 weeks full of crashes. It's suck. This really is a bad experience, especially for my first AMD build.

For half a day, I can play without crashing when I install the 23.9.1 driver for 7800 XT, but it's not working anymore. I don't know what to do. I just give up trying.

0 Likes