cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Abbe
Adept I

General driver issues RX 6800

Okay i need somewhere to vent my frustrations with current AMD RX 6800 drivers, first of all i'm on latest drivers 23.9.2. The first issue i have with latest driver is with Firefox and viewing Youtube in fullscreen causes my entire PC to freeze for a solid 10-20 seconds going in AND out of fullscreen, second issue; some conditions with colors causes my screen to display incorrect colors in admittedly very specific circumstances but this does not happen with the drivers uninstalled so it's for sure driver related and have been for many driver versions.

I reported that last issue to AMD about 3 weeks ago and have not heard back as much as a peep which is very frustrating. My point with this post is to highlight the general state of AMD drivers in 2023 of 6000 series cards specifically in this case the 6800.

I was under the assumption that AMD drivers have gotten better over the last few years (which they have to some extent) but i expected more, i'm disappointed AMD.

And for anyone asking yes, this is a very fresh Windows 11 install with minimal amount of software installed, there are no conflicts there and i make religious use of SFC /SCANNOW to make sure it's not Windows at fault.

So i'm at a loss as what to do, clearly AMD does not care about previous gen GPU's when there are this many issues in the currently released driver.

1 Solution
Abbe
Adept I

yeah the issue i had with the screen turning green turns out to be a monitor fault, but it's a fault i have never seen before so i think it's okay, sorry amd for putting it on you guys lol, the drivers issues being present is still unacceptable though!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Kornison
Journeyman III

Man i have the exact same issue, tho i have win 10. Everything else works perfectly but using any kind of browser is just imposible. Also never had this kind of issue before i updated the drivers .

AMD_cire
Challenger

Happens to me too. 6600XT.

Firefox fullscreen on youtube lag. Wakeup issue.

Just back to 22.11.2

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
valaska
Adept III

It's not just previous gen, it's current gen that's suffering from some even worse driver issues than what you get... and it seems almost completely random what you can or cannot run.

NEW

Abbe
Adept I

I forgot to add; anyone with an AMD gpu please check this image out, i stored it on discord for convenient access when i filed my report to AMD but maybe the community could help me out as i still don't know if iam a one off or it's wide spread.

Please do report back if the colors in this image shift for you in FULLSCREEN (important), thanks in advance.

0 Likes
jasonfkelly71
Journeyman III

Go back to 23.9.1 for now. That's what I had to do... =(

0 Likes
Abbe
Adept I

yeah the issue i had with the screen turning green turns out to be a monitor fault, but it's a fault i have never seen before so i think it's okay, sorry amd for putting it on you guys lol, the drivers issues being present is still unacceptable though!

0 Likes