cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: Do you like the new interface of Adrenalin 2020 Edition?

Looking at the above why do you need two separate buttons for the same function?

0 Kudos
garytzzz
Adept I

Personally, I was having trouble navigating it.  I'm sure over time I can figure it out if I didn't constantly get black screens and stutter.  It was so bad that I went back to the previous driver package.  All 5 of my PC's are all AMD rigs.  I'm not taking a chance on the other four until I see real fixes.

colesdav
MVP

Just tried running the new Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 interface with Crysis 2 Maximum Edition on Steam and tried to use the new replacement for "Radeon Overlay". What I mean by that is the sidebar.

Here is my feedback summary. 

1. Crysis 2 Game performance with this driver is terrible. 
2. Trying to use the sidebar overlay to look at graphs whist gaming in fullscreen does not work. 
for example: 

Crysis 2 1080p fullscreen Ultra 

pastedImage_1.png

as soon as I click the game the overlay disappears or Alt+Z/Alt+R acces to Radeon Settings stops (or crashes)  and I have to drop out to desktop to relaunch it. 

pastedImage_2.png

So what is the point of the sidebar at all if I cannot use it in fullscreen game? 

3. How to I control the performance Metrics Advisor? I want to decide when to start it just like I am able to in Adrenalin 2019.12.1 Radeon Overlay.
It seems to run when I launch the game and then I cannot find how to rerun it to find out why Crysis 2 is running so badly at 1080p with this driver. 

colesdav
MVP

I just looked at Radeon Chill behaviour on BF1 DX12 in Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2.
Previously in Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 I was able to set the following: 
Game  Frame Rate Limit set to 200 for the test. 

Global FRTC = 60. 
Chill On. 
Profile settings. 
Chill Min = 30, Chill Max = 300. 
Local FRTC off. 
With those settings I could save maximum power and hit about 45-55 FPS with keyboard only input when running (shift+W) for Chill max = 60 - 300.  
The Global FRTC kept the max FPS with mouse and keyboard input clamped to 60 FPS. 

Looking at Adrenalin 2020 19.11.2.
Global FRTC is now gone. 
I tried setting Global Chill Min = Global Chill Max = 60 instead.
Profile settings.
Chill Min = 30, Chill Max = 300. 

Local FRTC is now gone. 
With these settings  I see the following. 

Similar 45-55 FPS with keyboard only input when running (shift+W) for Chill max = 60 - 300.
The peak FPS does seem to increase a bit if I (keep shift+W) held down for long enough ~ 57- 62 FPS at times in BF1 test, but that might be becaue of "hilly terrain" - vertical movement like climbing hill or stairs often increases Chill FPS based on my previous testing. I should look for a flat area in the game to test this better. 

However when I use mouse + keyboard input FPS is shooting way higher than 60 FPS ~ 75-88 FPS at times.
Previously the Global FRTC would have clamped this to 60 FPS.

In conclusion - Chill_Max is still not an actual FPS it is still a scaling factor versus the Chill_Min value. 
Lack of Global FRTC means there is no way to limit the max in game FPS. 
Previous workaround to allow decent keyboard only input FPS and save max power with Chill Min = 30 and Chill Max = 300 and use Global FRTC to limit max FPS to 60, 75, 120 or whatever the top end of the FreeSync Monitor range is now gone. 

Please re-implement Global FRTC in Adrenalin 2020 or make the changes to Chill requested multiple time in the past...

yitz
Adept I

i actually really like the new feature set and the layout isnt too bad

colesdav
MVP

I just tried running Radeon Boost on BF1 at 1080p Ultra.
It freezes and crashes BF1 within 2 minutes of gameplay. 
Thats my Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 testing done. 
I do not think there is anything left to test. 

colesdav
MVP

How do I turn this performance reporting off, how do I start the performance reporting caputure manually? 
Can I prevent it from running? 
Do I have to use AMD Link?
Also is the performance data stored somewhere or transferred to AMD?

pastedImage_1.png

colesdav
MVP

Radeon Image Sharpening Slider Works on BF1 - this is a feature I previously requested so thanks to AMD for that. Previously I could not tell the difference between on and off in some games. ReShade with CAS.fx has a slider to adjust the amount filtering applied and it performed better than Radeon Image Sharpening in the driver: 
pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

Image upscaling and denoising appears to work fine. 
pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

How do you rate my chances of getting the Windows 7 version of Adrenalin 2020  to install and run correctly on Windows 8.1 which is the only option AMD users have for their cards on Windows 8.1, unless they revert to 17.4.4 or 17.7.1 drivers?