Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

narxs
Journeyman III

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Hello

For several days I have a problem when playing any games at random times they start to crash and in the event viewer I get the error "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered" I tried reinstalling the drivers by removing them with DDU but nothing helped. I currently switched to GTX 970 to check if its a problem with motherboard or anything else but no issues so far. The problem occurs with R9 380 4gb.

Full Specification:

mobo: Asus b350 prime plus

ram: g-skill 2x16gb 2666mhz

CPU:Ryzen 5 1600

GPU: Radeon R9 380 4GB

PSU: I can't get the name of it rn but its 500w power.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ThreeDee
Paragon

could be a power supply issue

I had similar issues on my wife's setup when she ran

3700x, 2x16GB 3200, ASRock B550m Phantom Gaming 4, RX 550 2GB, Thermaltake RGB Smart 500wtt 80 Plus (white rated) PSU

I thought it was a GPU issue .. replaced the power supply with a Segotep 600wtt 80+ Gold rated one and issues went away

The GTX 970 isn't as power hungry as the R9 380 4GB

ThreeDee PC specs

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

could be a power supply issue

I had similar issues on my wife's setup when she ran

3700x, 2x16GB 3200, ASRock B550m Phantom Gaming 4, RX 550 2GB, Thermaltake RGB Smart 500wtt 80 Plus (white rated) PSU

I thought it was a GPU issue .. replaced the power supply with a Segotep 600wtt 80+ Gold rated one and issues went away

The GTX 970 isn't as power hungry as the R9 380 4GB

ThreeDee PC specs

Thanks for your help.

I will do like u said i'll just buy a more powerful psu because even if it doesn't help i can still upgrade to better gpu.

Thank you very much.