cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ulieq
Adept III

Disney Plus on w11 crashes the display driver and computer.

Disney Plus on w11 crashes the display driver and computer.  This is repeatable.

7700x

asrock 670e

6650 xt 

32gb ram\

addren 23.4.3

0 Likes
10 Replies
Dragokar
Forerunner

Are you using the browser or the Windows store app? If browser, which one?

0 Likes

I am using with w11 store app

0 Likes
Dragokar
Forerunner

Could you try it in a browser just to check?

0 Likes
FuseK07
Journeyman III

I got the same problem with the Disney+ Microsoft Store app.

Firstly I thought it was a problem with my Adenaline auto-undervolt profile but the problem persists with all at default settings.

The time when happens (10-50 minutes) is a bit random but freeze display while you can still hear the sound few more seconds and the mouse becomes mostly unresponsive. Finally all become freeze and you can only press the reset button to recover the system and discover the "amdwddmg" driver issue.

My specs are:

• Ryzen 5 5600X (default settings).
  • Asus PRIME X370-Pro (6042, last stable BIOS).
  • 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (XMP settings).
  • Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6700XT (undervolted but now with default settings).
  • Adrenalin 23.4.3 (instaled with a previous cleanse with DDU).
  • Windows 11 22H2 22621.1635 (updated).

I also tried watch Disney+ in Firefox 113.0 browser and runs fine. There are no problems with games or another intensive GPU apps. I can repeat the problem anytime simply running Disney+ app.

0 Likes
erfgvrwgbwrb
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. Works fine in the browser, only happens when using the Microsoft Store version of Disney+.

How has this not even been investigated yet?

0 Likes
Dragokar
Forerunner

Could you report in the store app and via reviews at the MS-Store?

0 Likes
FuseK07
Journeyman III

Today I had the same error again. I wanted to watch 3 chapters of 24 minutes each in a row and graphics freezes just before the end of 3rd with only sound working.
I have latest version of everything:

• Windows 11 22H2 22621.2070
  • Disney+ 1.57.2.0
  • AMD Adrenalin 23.7.2

I only use Disney+ app due to multichanel sound. In Firefox I only get stereo. Games and other programs run fine.

0 Likes
FuseK07
Journeyman III

Again, today same error with Disney+ app for Windows.

• I watched a movie for about 1h40min with no problem.
  • After that I continued watching a serie chapter and PC froze just pressing the 10secs forward button.

Current versions:

• Windows 11 22H2 22621.2283
  • Disney+ 1.62.5.0
  • AMD Adrenalin 23.9.1 (Performance as default mode, no OC nor undervolt)
  • AMD Chipset  5.08.02.027
  • Asus Prime X370-Pro 6203 BIOS

I noticed that Adrenalin software recognize Disney+ app as a game (AMD overlay at right upper corner in fullscreen) but it doesn't apeared in any sections to configure anything.

0 Likes

Since Disney+ app changed from UWP (Universal Windows Platform) to PWA (Progressive web app), zero errors.

The title bar now is a bit weird because the new PWA at Microsoft Store is a Microsoft Edge with funcional packaging where quality image is correct at 1080p and multichanel sound works as expected.

At least for me it's solved.

0 Likes
erfgvrwgbwrb
Journeyman III

Just wanted to add that I'm getting the same crash happening with the Apple TV (Microsoft Store) App as well.

0 Likes