Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

richie1990
Journeyman III

Difficulty Installing RX 7600

Hi All,

I have just bought a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7600 graphics card and have physically installed in the system, but am having difficulties getting the system to recognize the card/installing drivers. I've plugged monitor in via display port to the graphics card port and that is working ok. However when I run userbench, it says GPU missing, and when I look in device manager under display adapters there is only "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

Now for the driver installation issues.

I have tried downloading both the Auto-Detect tool and the RX7600 driver via the product selector here: AMD Drivers and Support | AMD

When I try to run the Auto-Detect tool, it seems to install ok, then when running I receive a "Error 182 - AMD Software Installed detected AMD graphics hardware in your system configuration that is not supported."

When I try to run the 7600 specific file, I receive windows error "This app can't run on your PC".

System Information:

B450M Wifi Motherboard
Ryzen 7 2700 CPU
32gb ddr4
New GPU: Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7600
Old GPU: MSI 1050Ti
550w bronze psu (min reccomended for the GPU, hope this isn't the issue!)
Windows 10 Home (Not activated atm)

Any help much appreciated, this is driving me nuts, thank you.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The issue regarding the RX 7600 not being recognized correctly should be resolved in the 23.7.1 Adrenalin driver which can be downloaded here

View solution in original post

32 Replies
GCBear
Journeyman III

Hi!
The RX 7600 has its own driver. It does not work with universal software. Select the specific type when downloading.

0 Likes
MasturrBeer
Journeyman III

Hi, sorry i don't have the Solution but just want to add i have the same issues.

I have been updating BIOS and chipset and anything else i could find.

I have been removing and deinstalling the adaptor and then tried installing it again with Adrenaline for several times both with without reboots.

I also removed the GPU itself and placed it back on the motherboard. 

System Information:

B450M Steel legend
Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
16gb ddr4
New GPU: XFX Quick AMD Radeon RX 7600
Old GPU: GTX 1650
Windows 11 Home

anedwar
Adept I

I'm having a very similar issue with a friends computer. For us the card is fully functional and does not crash but the card is not recognized as a RX7600. Instead AMD Software: Adrenaline just list both the card and the integrated GPU on the processor as AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics.

We've installed/reinstalled/uninstalled/ddu'd, the works, but it won't recognize as a RX 7600. Games run fine (actually really well for the games they are playing). The main problem is that because the card isn't recognized as a RX7600 they can't claim the included game using the product validation tool and today is the last day you can claim the game.

While disappointed that we will miss the opportunity to claim the game the real concern is that other problems will show up since the card isn't recognized, as the above posters have stated.

System Info

ASUS TUF X670 WIFI

Ryzen 7 7700X

32GB dd5

GPU: XFX Quick 308 Radeon RX 7600

Hi,

I have the exact same problem as you friend with my RX 7600 detected as AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics. I update everything I could. Games run fine too. But, as you said, the card isn't recognized as a RX 7600. As your friend, I can't claim for the game included with my GPU. 

Maybe it is a driver issue ? AMD support just said to me to update my drivers but well, it does not work.

System info :

W11 home

Asus prime a520m-k

Ryzen 5 500

16GB DDR4

Radeon RX 7600, 8GB GDDR6 / MSI

System:

B550 Aorus Elite

Ryzen 5 5600X

Sapphire Pulse RX 7600

EDIT: forgot to add that I used GPU-Z to look at the card specs and, although it does appear with the generic name still, all the specs seem to match up to the RX 7600 OK.

brakespear
Adept II

Just to add you can solve the problem claiming your free game by contacting AMD Reports support via email - you will need to have a copy of the invoice or receipt you received from the supplier of your card and also a screenshot of the email with your code to claim the game. Just did this today and now have RE4, although the card is now playing up which I will raise elsewhere.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Did you get the driver installed correctly?

What build of Windows 10 are you using?

If you still have issues with both the auto detect tool, and the 23.5.2 driver for the RX 7600 GPU, please can you post a screenshot of the two error messages?

I have the exact same problem as Albertinin (RX 7600 being detected by Task Manager and Adrenalin Software as AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics) also i believe that the GPU usage while doing not graphic demanding tasks is much higher than it should be due to the GPU not detected properly and in result not working as it should be. How are we supposed to download 23.5.2 driver for the GPU when on the AMD site the newest avaible driver is 23.5.1 version. And yes im sure i downloaded my drivers correctly.

Is AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics an integrated graphics or something? 

My GPU was detected correctly as RX 7600 before but after reseting the PC and reinstalling the windows 10 it is detected as the AMD Radeon (TM) graphics

I tried the 23.5.2 driver today with my card (obtained elsewhere) but it stated it wasn't compatible with tmy graphic hardware, tested other recent drivers prior to 23.5.1 and got the same thing.

Funny enough, I then reinstalled 23.5.1 and for the first time I got actual readings for GPU clock and Memory for the card in GPU-z, instead of zero. Was able to play RE4 for about twenty minutes before the system blac screened and I restarted to come back to a message regarding Windows having updated my grahics drivers and they were no longer compatible.

Already tried the option with auto detect tool and the auto detect tool have an error 182 when you try to download drivers from it. There is no information about this problem anywhere and so far AMD hasn't responded to my messages

0 Likes
supreme
Adept II

When I first got the card, I remember seeing it correctly named in Adrenalin. I believe it was after I updated to the latest drivers, it comes up as generic Radeon.

supreme_0-1687917907118.png

Then I get this error message when running the auto detector:

supreme_1-1687918021923.png

I am on Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1928.

[ASRock B450m/ac R.20 | 5800X3D | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 3200 16GBx2 | RX 7600]

Same for me-when i first got the RX 7600 and AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition the graphics card was named properly in the app. 

I guess the the last driver is the main issue.

Do you also have high GPU usage even when you are doing non graphics card demanding tasks or any frequent  GPU utilization drops while gaming?

0 Likes

I'll have to keep on eye on the utilization next time I am in game.

Adrenalin doesn't detect Diablo 4 anymore too.

[ASRock B450m/ac R.20 | 5800X3D | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 3200 16GBx2 | RX 7600]

have you figured it out yet? i'm having the same issues...

0 Likes

Nop, AMD support aksed to uptade again and again my drivers but unfortunately, the issue remains. I hope the next driver will correct it.

Not at all. My GPU is at 1% on the Windows desk and the RX 7600 works fine in game (even if it reaches 100% of usage in CSGO (300fps) while my CPU is at 2 or 3%). But I have some white flashes sometimes. So, I assume I have a driver issue.

0 Likes

Well that's weird that you get 2% or 3% CPU usage and 100% GPU usage in CS GO knowing that this game is CPU intensive. 

Does your task manager also detects RX 7600 as AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics? 

Perhaps the AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics is somehow a driver meant for integrated graphics???

0 Likes

Yeah its weird because as you said, CSGO is CPU intensive. But in a game like Elden Ring, things are fine. On my previous computer, my GTX 1060 6GB was like used at 60% with the same settings.

And, in my task manager, the RX 7600 is detected as AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics. 

I think it may be that, but that's weird because I have the right driver (23.5.1). So I dont know, its just super weird and I have no idea of what I could do to fix it.

Yea it is weird, i know you have the right driver. I also downloaded the driver 23.5.1 and I have  the same issue as you have. Also i have just checked my CPU usage in Red Dead Redemption 2 and the AMD Adrenalin Software says it is only around 5% which is impossible. You probably can't do much to fix it other than wait for new driver or AMD help. I already tried a few options and nothing seems to solve the issue. 

What is the most concerning to me is that so far AMD hasn't even acknowleged our problems except for Matt AMD who suggested downloading 23.5.2 version of drivers which is not compatible with RX 7600.

I agree completely with you. In Elden Ring, my CPU usage is very low too according to Adrenaline.
To be honest, I really hope we are not damaging our GPU by playing while the driver is obviously an issue. And I hope AMD is aware of the situation. I mean, they can read this thread and I assume a lot of people wrote to them as I did. Let's hope and wait a new driver I guess.

AdamHelmsmasher
Journeyman III

Good morning,

Long story short, I was having the same issue with my 7600.  This was because I downloaded drivers from the AMD Adrenaline software.  My 7600 is made by PowerColor, so I went to the PowerColor website, to drivers, to RX 7600 Series, and downloaded the driver (only one was available for me, it happened to be 23.5.1).

Problem solved, have a nice day.

0 Likes

MSI simply points me back to AMD. They don't have specific drivers for mine...

supreme_0-1688224844919.png

Installing the latest preview drivers solved the problem for me.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-10-01-41-vlk-extn

Here are some troubleshootig steps that AMD send me. 

1.Please perform load default settings of your bios and make sure that you are running your system at stock.
2.Please install latest AMD chipset driver version 5.05.16.529  in your system.
3.Please perform the clean boot  of your OS.
4.Please install and run AMD cleanup utility  to remove the previous GPU driver from your system and install latest AMD GPU driver version 23.5.1 for your Rx 7600 in your system.

I will let you know in a few days if it worked for me, if not I will try the solution that supreme posted (I also have the MSI RX 7600 MECH 2X CLASSIC 8G OC), even though I don't like the idea of installing some preview drivers when the "correct" one 23.5.1 is available. I just want my GPU to work as it should work.

Hi, it just worked for me. The RX 7600 appears correctly in Adrenalin and Windows. Thanks for sharing.

0 Likes

Thank you, 23.10.01.41 drivers worked for me and the card is named correctly. 

Anyone else have trouble to fully utilize GPU? My GPU usage is at 96% max at GPU bound  games like Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm pretty sure i don't have a CPU bottleneck as i have Ryzen 5 5600, the temperatures is also okay.

0 Likes
dexter1
Journeyman III

Anyone else having trouble with the card not detecting a second monitor the hdmi slot works fine but when i try and plug into the display port there's no sound for detection and no second display on the settings. I have a MSI b450a pro max, 16ggb of ram, a ryzen 5 3400g and a 600w power supply and I'm using the 23.10.01.41 driver.

0 Likes

Double check that the plug is pushed all the way in. There have been many times when I plug back in my monitors after working on the tower that I failed to push a plug all the way in.

0 Likes

Nah nothing that simple been troubleshooting it for half a week now and found nothing that should be wrong, I'm assuming it's just amd drivers being terrible.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The issue regarding the RX 7600 not being recognized correctly should be resolved in the 23.7.1 Adrenalin driver which can be downloaded here

YUSUKE
Adept I

The universal graphics driver on windows has messed with my amd drivers before and over rid them and they were not being recognized. I had to uninstall the universal through the drivers in windows and reinstall the driver through amd website. Took few tries but like magic it worked. I think it was a auto update from windows that did it so I turned auto update off and never seemed to have the issue again.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

0 Likes