cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tatti
Journeyman III

CS2 smoke crash

Counter-Strike 2 crashing near a smoke. This started happening after the updates 2/6/2024 (new smokes). I have RX 7900 XTX and latest drivers. I have tried to change in game video settings but nothing seems to fix this issue.

5 Replies
SKYTRiXSHA
Journeyman III

Hey Tatti!
I have the same issue, this is 100% game specific issue, you can test this by going to Mirage and throwing trillions of smokes and the drivers will crash.
I'm unsure is this CS2 side issue or something AMD can fix.

How to play now?
Go to CS2 properties and add a command "-vulkan" in there, this will force you to use Vulkan instead of DX, its gonna fix the issue for you.

In beginning of the match it can stutter for you since its compiling a shader cache, watching demos of CS matches in different maps with 8x speed (you can open the UI for demos with console command "demoui") can speed up the shader gathering process.

I hope this helps, at least for now. I hope there is a fix soon..

UPDATE:
Try to fully reinstall CS2, completely remove it + uninstall shader cache from steam + download cache and see if it works without vulkan, for now no crashes after doing that.
If you previously used NVIDIA card, make sure you uninstall ALL NVIDIA drivers in safemode and then do the same for the AMD drivers.

^ Never mind, reinstalling did not fix the issue. Just delayed it a bit I suppose.

0 Likes

Found a fix, limit your GPU clock to 2500 maximum, that fixed the problem for me. No crashes while playing +15 matches today  

0 Likes

This is not really a fix because most of the new gpus just go 3k. On steam discussions there are a lot of users with amd cards reporting this issue. I hope they find a fix soon.

0 Likes

No crashes by using -Vulkan. This seems to work also!

0 Likes
FaithlessTHX
Journeyman III

7900xtx here, same issue. Steam full of reports for this. 

0 Likes