cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blumaus
Adept I

CRASHING WITH WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Black screen, driver crashes, 10 seconds later it takes me to desktop. You've all heard this already. What an insane driver issue. Literally nothing fixes this permamently, everything is a temporary fix.

Heck even reinstalling windows and using base drivers doesn't work. Please fix this AMD, it is abysmally depressing that I've had to tell my guild mates to never touch an AMD card again.

62 Replies

Hello, I also have the problem. Neither AMD nor Blizzard respond to error descriptions. I don't feel understood. It's bad when you no longer have a picture and you hear how your character dies.

greetings Stefan

0 Likes
StefanG
Journeyman III

Hello, I also have the problem. Neither AMD nor Blizzard respond to error descriptions. I don't feel understood. It's bad when you no longer have a picture and you hear how your character dies.

greetings Stefan

0 Likes
farske
Adept II

Issue has returned.

Third card now (RMA'd twice)

Worked fine for a week ro two (or just didnt have the crash) using latest drivers, fresh system.

STILL issues.

0 Likes
farske
Adept II

Playing tonight, 10 minutes.

Crash.

No reason.

I reported it using the bug tool but its madness that this issue is still ongoing!

0 Likes

I to am having the same issue I went with an all AMD build this time Ryzen 5 7600x with a RX 7900 xt on a MSI Pro B650M-A wifi board, with a Corsair RM850 power supply. Some times I can play all day with no crashes, and other times I get 3 crashes in 30 mins. This issue has be ongoing for over 2 years not when is AMD going to address this issue I'm almost positive its a driver issue, I don't get any crashes in other games. I paid over 1k for my graphics card I expect the company that produced it to be on the ball for that kind of money. Next time around I'm going with Nvidia. AMD obviously doesn't respect its customer base because there had been no attempt to talk to us about the issue no fixes in the drivers. Who cares about the latest and greatest games if thousands of people playing wow on your 1k+ cards are crashing you should FIX THE PROBLEM. First chance I get I'm jumping ship.

0 Likes
Yatox
Journeyman III

I literally made an account just to add to here I am having the same issue with my pc, 7900XTX Gigabyte Reference, I’ve resorted to downgrading my gpu swapping some guy for his RTX 3080ti with $200 AUD my way cause I can’t fix this stupid issue at all and AMD and Blizzard refuse to do anything. I won’t be recommending or purchasing any AMD product ever again I suggest you guys do the same. If they can’t be bothered to fix an issue that’s been going on for over a year then why support them.

0 Likes

its been corrected with the most recent driver update (atleast for me). see patch notes.

0 Likes

There is NO mention of a fix for WoW in the most recent patch notes Re: AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1 Release... - AMD Community Read them yourself WoW isn't even mentioned pls do yourself a favor and don't post fake news.

0 Likes

my mistake the WoW improvement was 24.3.1.

Simmer down Cojak.

0 Likes

I noticed when this happens with my 7900 XTX and, if the system recovered from the driver crash - Discord was also shut down. Only Discord. Other programs were still running. This was even with Discord overlay and hardware acceleration turned off.

Uninstalled Discord entirely and just using the web version... not a single crash in the span of six hours. This was while playing World of Warcraft Classic where I'd previously get a driver crash every 30mins to an hour.

0 Likes

I haven't noticed the discord issue the thing that fixed it for me is switching from Dx12 to Dx11 crashes stopped. So it has to be an issue with DX12 since there are other DX12 games that are crashing with this driver as well.

0 Likes

Yeah, DX11 should(tm) work but the downside there is you get about half the performance -- if my "don't run the Discord client and stick to web version" "fix" doesn't work, I'm going back to the other GPU provider and returning this 7900 XTX. 

While I appreciate that it supports DP2.1 for my 57" G9 Neo Dual UHD setup, not crashing or having a plethora of driver issues is worth being capped at 120hz.

0 Likes

Welp, driver crash happened again. Granted it was now once in two days of gaming but still. I play a bunch of coop/competitive games and, as much as I love tinkering and trying to fix things, other players rely on my stability.

Back to the other guys for me. Good luck y'all!

0 Likes

Actually 24.3.1 Did NOT fix the crashing issue was still having the same crashing issue after that patch along with all the other people that created or added their voice to other threads.

0 Likes

I managed to trade my 7900XTX for a RTX4080 and so far in 2 weeks 0 problems,

guys I recommend ditching amd gpus if you are sick of it like it was, I won’t be purchasing another amd gpu, the CPUs are awesome though!

0 Likes
Flapsie
Journeyman III

7900xtx - 13700KF - Dual Monitor

WoW Vsync off - Fullscreen(Windowed) - AMD Fluid Motion active

I've recently played a lot of Cata when it was available for free this past weekend while some other video played on the second monitor.  I kept getting black screen\driver timeout after an hour or more, where sometimes it would come back into the game, others the game auto closed itself upon recovering.  The only solution I've found is to disable AA from within WoW video settings.  Everything else in game was maxed and on Dx12, haven't had an issue since.  But now the free WoW has ended. 

Hope it helps, just my experience.

Flapsie

0 Likes

I'm now having issues on both dx12 and dx11 in dx11 I am now getting driver crashes, and in dx12 I can't see ground effects so raiding in dx12 is a no go. I was so hopful that the issue was fixed in this last patch but it seems to have made it worse.

0 Likes

try resetting your ingame graphics settings to default

also go to adrenalin > graphics > reset shader cahce and 'perform reset'

0 Likes

Why would want to run my game without maxed out setting. Doesn't seem right that I should be able to crank all the setting up and it sounds like to me a fresh re-install would work better then what your suggesting.

0 Likes
Mabon
Journeyman III

I used DDU in safe mode to clear out my old drivers and reinstalled the lates version of the drivers and I am still getting crashing in WoW with DX12 enabled. This last crash was so bad it corrupted  my drivers and I had to do another fresh install. Also the crash disabled my HDMI port and the only thing that would fix it was a fresh install. I've seriously had enough of this If AMD can't fix permanently in the a hot fix and beta test the fix before making it live. Then I'm going team green and will never look back. I avoid Nvidia in favor of the underdog but the underdog can't seem to preform anymore so I done with AMD graphics until they can get their act together and actually fix stuff that is broken. I've sent in MANY crash reports. 

0 Likes
Raittu
Adept I

This is still an issue. Had this issue a year ago, still have it now. Using an rx 7900 xt, spent a 1000 euros on it when it just released. Have been regretting the decision ever since, these crashes arent even only unique to WoW, they happen in other games and sometimes just randomly without doing much.

Happens more often when watching something on the second monitor, but isnt exclusive to only that situation. Screen goes black for half a minute then comes back with a bunch of programs crashing.

For now I havent had any crashes in 2 days, heres what I did based on some suggestions:

• Used AMD cleanup tool and reinstalled all drivers, deleted V20 driver from the registry.
  • Disabled Anti Aliasing completely in game.
  • Disabled any and all extra settings in the Adrenalin app.

Hope it helps some of you as well.

0 Likes

I shouldn't have to do all that to make the drivers work properly It should just work with any setting I give it. AMD needs to fix this issue with their drivers once an for all, they are slated to release a new graphics card next quarter and still don't have stable drivers for the current graphics card what faith should I have that the next graphics card won't be the same. I don't know what their driver team is doing but maybe they need to hire more people with more experience to get this fixed. If Intel can fix issues every single month and they are new to the game how is AMD still have issues that are over a year old, seriously what is their driver team doing? If the current programmers can't fix the issue maybe someone needs to be fired and fresh blood put on the issue. This has been on going for a decade with drivers not getting fixed in a timely manner. Also if this issue is hardware based and can't be fixed with a new driver WHY WOULD AMD NOT TELL US THAT. 

0 Likes