cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

EliteG
Adept I

Counter Strike 2 Runs At Higher FPS on Nvidia GPUs

Hello, my name is Milorad and am a owner of e sport center in Serbia.Currently we are at 62 pc's from beginning we are using AMD CPU's (2600x/3600x/5600x and now 7600x) also we are using AMD GPU's  (rx580,rx5700xt and now rx6700xt) Everything was fine until we got some PC's with old NVIDIA graphic cards (GTX1070) and on CS GO and now on CS2 with same processor (5600x) we got better results on old NVIDIA with a same CPU, same motherboard, ram etc then on 6700xt or 5700x. We try different drivers, reinstall windows, trust me we try everything, NVIDIA is always better. My question is why is optimization or support i don't know how to say bad on AMD. Game is very popular and its a shame that is not working very well on AMD.

10 Replies
enormity343
Journeyman III

You run an E-Sports center and you're unfamiliar with GPU bottlenecking? The reason your subpar GPU appears to perform better is because it's actually being fully utilized by the CPU. While I can't speak for the 5700xt, I can tell you that CS: GO isn't even scratching the surface of what your 6700xt can do. The game has been CPU-bound for over two decades. Given the game's popularity, it's unfortunate that your understanding seems to lack depth. The real answer to your issue is just a simple search away, regardless of your location.

0 Likes

nah. hes using a 5600x currently, as seen in his comment. a 5600x doesnt bottleneck a 5700xt or 6700xt to the extend their fps would be lower than a bloody gtx1070. even a 3600x is strong enough to utilize a 6700xt enough to easily surpass a gtx1070. one look on youtube is all you need. his issue sounds deeper. more on software side of things. maybe he means framepacing? that the cpu bottleneck on specific driver versions causes stutters? cpu bound cs might be, it still scales into the hundreds of fps with even a 3600x. 

60% utilization in csgo on a rx6700xt still puts out more fps than 100% of a gtx1070. it has to be stutters. not fps. otherwise there´s some software issue going around with amd amd systems, we dont know what software hes using to monitor, lock, etc the systems. its a e sport internetcafe afterall. lots of software on it. i heard of stories of drivers bugging with rgb software, firmware issues..... rabbit hole if you ask me.

EliteG
Adept I

How can i get bottleneck when game is using 3 cores CPU is not even on 70% neither on 6700xt or gtx1070, difference is i just got 20% more FPS on GTX1070, also I got same FPS with rx580,5700xt and 6700xt, but neither of this cards beat gtx1070. Also i try all 4 cards on 7600x, more fps but gtx1070 wins.

0 Likes

Simple. It´s not the game. It´s not the cpu. Not the gpu. Not the drivers. It´s something else.

0 Likes

Just reformat every computer that is being used for gaming and re-install all drivers that are needed for each component. I know this is annoying and time consuming, but worth it in the long run.

0 Likes
Koffiato
Adept II

Having a similar experience. My laptop has a less powerful CPU than my desktop (R5 3600) yet I get higher FPS on it, which really doesn't make any sense. I also don't have the awful shader compilation stutter.

0 Likes

CS doesnt have shader compilation stutter. It´s perfectly smooth. As you said, you don´t have shader comp stutter. It seems to be a bug with OS/software, nothing that can be traced down to hardware.

0 Likes

CS: GO didn't, but CS2 does shader compilation stutter. It stutters like hell whenever you first encounter a map, a gun, a granade blast etc. It won't stutter again, even if you quit, restart your PC, fire up the same maps, weapons, etc.

The stutter will occur when you update the game or the GPU drivers (or even just resetting shader cache, manually). Doing any of those things will bring back the stutter for once, again.

CS is an incredibly dynamic game when it comes to the updates. It gets updated daily, and whenever it does get updated, you have to fly around in all maps first, fire any weapon and use every granade to make sure your game doesn't freeze up for half a second whenever you get flashed the first time after an update. 

This is unacceptable for a game like CS. 

0 Likes

I guess I should have written SHOULDN´T have, but it appears some have shader comp stutter. I didn´t because I never updated my drivers and already had the shaders cached from the beta. Had to freshly reinstall my drivers to reconfirm your suspicions, i rarely update them because other singleplayer games otherwise lose the shader cache too and I hate that during a walkthrough. You are right, there´s some, but those aren´t even the big ones which are the biggest issue, but there´s other stutters too, some which are soOOOOOOOO long and not shader related. but anyway, thankfully gamers nexus came out with a video right about now. 

https://youtu.be/edAVnclEEr8?feature=shared

Should answer alot of questions. CS having shader stutter or stutters in general, sort of damaging to the reputation. Seems to me though like valve has em on the radar.

0 Likes
yodamann
Adept II

wipe the old pcs probably have some malware mining on it that don't work on the 1070s.

0 Likes