Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

TheeBabad00k
Journeyman III

Adrenaline Caps Core Clock at 1200mhz on my RX6800xt

Hey guys,

I noticed something strange after installing my XFX 6800xt over the weekend. The card was only running at 1186mhz when the boost clock is supposed to be 2250mhz. After some digging I found a couple people with 6650xt who had the same issue. They eventually found that the adrenaline software was capping the core clock at 1200mhz and they needed to apply a custom tuning to open it up. 

is this just a bug in the software? Is there a fix for this aside from manually adjusting? I’ve set the maximum to 2250 now and it works perfectly fine aside from some coil whine, but it seems like a dumb workaround. 

0 Likes
4 Replies

That can depend on the game engine and/or low in-game graphics settings, monitor resolution.

The card will only work as hard as it needs to depending on the above.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

It’s something to do with a software cap in adrenaline because even when I stress test it in 3DMark or Heaven it stays at that cap. 

I have just done a custom tune to open up the clock speed and it seems to do the trick until Adrenaline decides to reset everything. 

I do appreciate the reply. 

0 Likes
Navaren
Journeyman III

Same goes on with my XFX 6800. Can't, for the love of God, figure out how to disable the clockspeed cap, unless the custom tuning I suppose.

0 Likes

I figured it out! The bios switch on the side of the card. I switched it out of the OC mode and the clock speed is right where it should be now. 

0 Likes