Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yash1
Adept I

Conflict of Driver with Realtek

Hello,

Its a new laptop with 5500u and AMD Radeon installed in Lenovo Ideapad 3 14ALC06 ... Initial boot and the temperature of GPU rises from 34 to 44 or sometimes till 50 degree Celsius (windows 10 installed) with all company drivers updated. When upgraded to windows 11 it goes upto 60 degree Celsius and the fan starts to move which is something that brought attention towards this... Company shipped  it with windows 10.

Even though when I use the laptop using too many applications the temperature stays stable around 40 and 44

I also had issues with microphone and hence I reset this machine multiple times and even upgraded to windows 11.

I personally feel that there is a driver conflict between AMD and Realtek as both of them are showing the same location in device manager for which I have attached screenshot.AMD .pngRealtek.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
yash1
Adept I

My issue is resolved 

The problem was MIcrosoft Anti malware service executable file which was on startup having high CPU usage and increasing the temperature of GPU uptil 60 degree Celsius... I made some changes to it and issue seems to be resolved with the temparture spike at the startup

The sound is okay from speaker its just that the realtek driver feels a bit low in terms of using 3.5mm jack but still quite manageable. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

The location is fine, mine shows exactly the same..

Looking at some reviews, yours is actually running cooler than some..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

So what according you to you can be the problem.

There are two basic problems with this new laptop.

First is that when I use 3.5 mm headset the voice isn't that loud...Even if I shout the green bars in sound options were not reaching full...I downgraded to UAD realtek driver which had option to increase volume by +30 db and is now somewhat manageable. But I m surprised that company drivers aren't working fine for 3.5mm jack.

Secondly the temparature in Windows 11 goes upto 60 and the fans starting working so fast at the very start. Even for windows 10 it goes to 50 at the very start of laptop. Is there no solution for this... Is AMD working for this ??

Should I consider this as a wrong decision to select AMD instead of Intel... I thought that this time AMD had an edge compared to Intel and hence selected AMD

0 Likes

If 'company drivers' are Lenovo supplied drivers, you need to contact their support.

If problem is with drivers direct from amd, then see below. 

laptop driver.PNG

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
yash1
Adept I

My issue is resolved 

The problem was MIcrosoft Anti malware service executable file which was on startup having high CPU usage and increasing the temperature of GPU uptil 60 degree Celsius... I made some changes to it and issue seems to be resolved with the temparture spike at the startup

The sound is okay from speaker its just that the realtek driver feels a bit low in terms of using 3.5mm jack but still quite manageable. 

0 Likes