cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Refute6978
Adept I

Computer monitors not going to sleep

Whenever my screens attempt to power down they just turn right back on out of nowhere. I want this to be fixed so I don't have to keep wasting my time multiple times a day because I bought the wrong brand of graphics card. As long as my computer isn't working correctly I'm going to try and bug AMD as much as possible about this because it's unacceptable.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Refute6978
Adept I

SOLUTION FOUND

I fixed this issue by using a different display cable.

- This may of been because the display cable that came with my LG gaming monitor was outdated or bad quality.

- This may of been because the LG monitor (via monitor settings, not PC settings) had the settings set wrong, because it gives you multiple display cable version options, I may of had the wrong one selected. The monitor cable may of been an earlier display cable version, while I had it set on the highest version available, which may of been too new for the cable, causing this issue.

Don't ignore/forget to try different monitor display settings before getting another cable, that may of been your issue.

But in my instance I just had another cable I tried and boom, screen sleep issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

This might help:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/stop-your-computer-from-randomly-waking-up-from-sleep-mode 

It's more aimed at finding what's bringing the computer out of sleep mode, but it ought to be helpful for finding what's waking the screens, too.

0 Likes

Hello thanks for the reply. It's a well known issue that I've seen online where the radeon drivers keep waking up one of the screens. it's not a basic user error, it's a driver issue. and I was hoping it will get fixed because it makes my computer a bit less useful everyday. thanks again and have a good day.

0 Likes
Refute6978
Adept I

SOLUTION FOUND

I fixed this issue by using a different display cable.

- This may of been because the display cable that came with my LG gaming monitor was outdated or bad quality.

- This may of been because the LG monitor (via monitor settings, not PC settings) had the settings set wrong, because it gives you multiple display cable version options, I may of had the wrong one selected. The monitor cable may of been an earlier display cable version, while I had it set on the highest version available, which may of been too new for the cable, causing this issue.

Don't ignore/forget to try different monitor display settings before getting another cable, that may of been your issue.

But in my instance I just had another cable I tried and boom, screen sleep issue was resolved.

0 Likes