Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hctseng
Journeyman III

compile hdf5 issues

dear sir:

i'm using aocc v3 to compile the openmpi v4.1.0 which is okay to build the openmpi. however, i used the openmpi with aocc to compile the hdf5 v1.12.0. it encountered the following problems :

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/hctseng/src/hdf5-1.12.0/tools/src/h5diff'
CCLD h5diff
ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: nl_socket_alloc
>>> referenced by reachable_netlink_utils_common.c
>>> reachable_netlink_utils_common.o:(opal_reachable_netlink_rt_lookup) in archive /home/hctseng/opt/ompi/4.1.0_aocc_3.0.0/lib/libopen-pal.a
>>> referenced by neigh.c.o:(rdmacore32_0_neigh_init_resources) in archive /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.5.0/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libibverbs.a
>>> referenced by rdma_nl.c.o:(rdmacore32_0_rdmanl_socket_alloc) in archive /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.5.0/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libibverbs.a

ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: nl_connect
>>> referenced by reachable_netlink_utils_common.c
>>> reachable_netlink_utils_common.o:(opal_reachable_netlink_rt_lookup) in archive /home/hctseng/opt/ompi/4.1.0_aocc_3.0.0/lib/libopen-pal.a
>>> referenced by neigh.c.o:(rdmacore32_0_neigh_init_resources) in archive /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.5.0/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libibverbs.a
>>> referenced by rdma_nl.c.o:(rdmacore32_0_rdmanl_socket_alloc) in archive /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.5.0/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libibverbs.a

(omit)

>>> referenced 1 more times

ld.lld: error: too many errors emitted, stopping now (use -error-limit=0 to see all errors)
clang-12: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Makefile:864: recipe for target 'h5diff' failed
make[3]: *** [h5diff] Error 1

i'm wondering how to correctly use the aocc3 to compile hdf5?

ps : i'm using the following options to compile openmpi :

$ ./configure --prefix=/opt/ompi/4.1.0_aocc_3.0.0 CC=clang CXX=clang++ FC=flang --enable-mpi-fortran --enable-shared=yes --enable-static=yes --enable-mpi1-compatibility --enable-mpi-cxx --enable-mca-no-build=btl-uct --enable-mca-no-build=btl-uct --with-pmix --with-hcoll=/opt/mellanox/hcoll --with-knem=/opt/knem-1.1.4.90mlnx1 --with-xpmem=/opt/xpmem --with-verbs=yes  

it went though well.

using the following options to compile hdf5 :

$ ./configure --prefix=/opt/hdf5/1.12.0_ompi_4.1.0_aocc_3.0.0 CC=mpicc CXX=mpicxx FC=mpifort CFLAGS="-fPIC" CXXFLAGS="-fPIC" FCFLAGS="-fPIC"  --enable-static --enable-shared --enable-parallel --enable-static-exec --enable-hl --enable-cxx --enable-unsupported

it failed with the libibverbs.a

could any guru help this? thank you in advance. 

best, sam

0 Likes
0 Replies