cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tsamolotoff
Adept I

Clone-mode and multiple monitors issues with 23.8.x+

After some update, multi-monitor functionality is completely broken. I have three monitors, 4K tv (Xiaomi P1, 60 hz, hdmi), primary 1080p monitor (Asus VG279QM 270hz, DP) and secondary 1080p 60 hz monitor (old Dell 2312hm) that I use for HwInfo, chat etc. Before some august driver update, it worked fine (after some toggling on and off options and editing EDID settings) in cloned mode (1080p display is cloned to 4K one) - if I launched a full-screen game, TV was running at 1080p 60hz and the primary monitor worked correctly in 1080p 270hz VRR mode.

Now, everything is broken (I think this may be the result of VRAM changes that helped reduce power consumption at idle - they added it at the same time when this issue appeared, but who knows) - if I launch a game, it's either working in 1080p 60 hz (and if the resolution is switched to non-native one via VSR, it suddenly makes the primary monitor to work with 270hz refresh rate) or doesn't work at all (or the cursor is flickering (happens in CS2 for example). 

What is interesting, deleting all resolutions/refresh rate combos but 240hz/270hz for primary monitors from extended block in CRU makes it work (in a half-***ed way though) semi-properly - primary monitor switches to 240hz and it actually works. Please fix this.   

CPU: 7950x3d, igpu disabled

GPU: 6900xt

Windows 10 22h2

0 Likes
2 Replies
tsamolotoff
Adept I

23.10.1 it's still not fixed, can you please at least check it out?

0 Likes
tsamolotoff
Adept I

23.12.1 still does not work properly

0 Likes