cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fredygrv
Adept I

chipset installation fail

when i try to install the latest version of the chipset driver for AMD x570 some of the components are failing to install, here is the summary

AMD Chipset Software Install Summary

Name : AMD Processor Power Management Support
Version : 7.0.4.4
Install : Fail

Name : AMD PCI Device Driver
Version : 1.0.0.87

Name : AMD GPIO Driver
Version : 2.2.0.130
Install : Success

Name : AMD PSP Driver
Version : 5.18.0.0

Name : AMD SMBus Driver
Version : 5.12.0.38
Install : Success

1 Solution

I have just read that Ryzen 5 doesn't use the PM driver at all. I don't know it if it is true, but at least it says that it works with Windows' power management.

Are you experiencing any issue in the system right now?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Chester1994
Challenger

Please add your system specs (motherboard, gpu, cpu, ram, etc)

ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming, AMD Radeon ROG STRIX RX6700XT O12G Gaming, AMD Ryzen 7 5800x, 32 GB RAM (4x8), windows 11 home version 21H2

Great. Try manually installing the missing devices. Go to Start, Device Manager and follow the instructions: https://www.troublefixers.com/manually-install-device-drivers-in-windows-using-inf-files/

Installed psp and pci drivers, i did it by uninstalling the old ones using the Microsoft troubleshooter but cant find the power management one the list.

before doing that i tried the manual installation but the drivers are not separated i downloaded everything using amd chipset software so i didn't knew what to do after finding the driver, i was unable to find the power management there either.

I have just read that Ryzen 5 doesn't use the PM driver at all. I don't know it if it is true, but at least it says that it works with Windows' power management.

Are you experiencing any issue in the system right now?

It's been working fine with no issues.

xme
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 5950X and having this issue. I have used Microsoft uninstaller tool but AMD Processor Power Management Support keeps failing.

AMD Chipset Software Install Summary

Name             : AMD Processor Power Management Support
Version          : 8.0.0.13
Install          : Fail

Name             : AMD PCI Device Driver
Version          : 1.0.0.90
Install          : Success

Name             : AMD GPIO Driver
Version          : 2.2.0.130

Name             : AMD PSP Driver
Version          : 5.24.0.0

Name             : AMD SMBus Driver
Version          : 5.12.0.38
xme
Journeyman III

I have just read somewhere Ryzen 5000 processors do not need this and so not supported. Windows standard power plan is sufficient.

Installed driver package 5.08.02.027 published on August 17th and got the same log with only AMD Processor Power Management Support 8.0.0.13 instalation failed.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming (F64a BIOS), Windows 11

0 Likes

5 months passed and I have zero problems for not having AMD PM installed. So I would say all is working in my systems.

0 Likes
ThatCat
Journeyman III

AMD Processor Power Management Support Version: 8.0.0.13 - Fail at Ryzen 7 5700G and Win10.

0 Likes