cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ozstrategist
Adept I

chipset driver installation bug

G'day AMD so I have upgraded to Windows 11 24h2 how ever while attempting to install amd chipset drivers from https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

It thows up an error code: 

Ifoundabugamd1124h2.png

Which is a weird error because this is an AMD system.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ozstrategist
Adept I

G'day AMD forums so I did some googling and apparently the bug is caused by me using a local account and having a space between the names so simply recreating my local account without the space in-between the names has fixed the bug. Don't know why it's an issue but hey at least I found the solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Being that Windows 11 24H2 is an "Insider Build" and still in testing phase, to be officially released this fall, it's not surprising that things don't work quite right.

https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/windows-11/windows-11-version-24h1-changelog-release-da...

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Oh yes and FunkZ I didn't realize that 24h2 was an insider build until I googled that as well but thanks for mentioning that.

0 Likes
Ozstrategist
Adept I

G'day AMD forums so I did some googling and apparently the bug is caused by me using a local account and having a space between the names so simply recreating my local account without the space in-between the names has fixed the bug. Don't know why it's an issue but hey at least I found the solution.

still happening for me with an MS account or a local one o.o

0 Likes
Morph416
Journeyman III

The bug is probably caused due to a permissions issue.

I do not name my accounts with spaces or special characters. I have had this issue since using AM2/AM3 and AM4 motherboards. Regardless of chipset. The only solution is to turn on the primary admin acct via CMD prompt, login and use that. Works without any issues and of course, recognizes the AMD system as it should.

Just an FYI.. AMD has been aware of this for years now and have not done anything to fix it. Your everyday user should not have to use the Admin acct to install or update system drivers. Heck, even using MSI's Dragon Center, the installation will fail on a standard admin level acct... if that says something for you.

If needed, to open the admin acct: open CMD prompt with Admin permissions (right click, run as admin)

type in:  net user administrator /active:yes

Lot out of your current profile, log into the Admin. Run installer (when you get to the desktop).

To turn off the Admin acct, log back into your primary profile, again opening the CMD prompt with admin privileges.. this time, type in:

net user administrator /active:no

Good as gold, mate.

0 Likes
lostcat
Adept I

After enabling VBscript it installed fine.

And now I remove that again.

0 Likes