cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Arginnon
Journeyman III

Cannot update graphics card drivers. Please help!

I have an HP Pavilion 15-ab109nh notebook. Product number: V4M07EA

• AMD A10-8780P APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • AMD Radeon R7 M360 GPU

I'm probably a noob and there's something obvious that I'm missing, but I cannot update the graphics drivers. I've been struggling with this for over a year, so wanted to ask for a bit of help. Here's what I've tried (first after manually uninstalling previous AMD drivers then also after using the cleanup utility):

• I've tried AMD's autodetect driver feature (windows shut down my graphics card as if a wrong version was installed)
  • I've searched for the correct drivers using my hardware specs (BSOD when trying to install)

I've tried many driver versions and many ways to uninstall/download/search for previous drivers. Most of the time the new driver just doesn't work, but there are cases when the installation causes stopcode errors. The only drivers that do work are the ones downloaded from the HP website (Radeon software Crimson, driver version 16.3), but there are programs that are incompatible with this outdated driver version and I would like to update them. Any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
2 Replies
daloco1
Adept II

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/6th-gen-a10-...

that's the last version that supports your chip, which is legacy now. assuming you have win 10
product support is in the release notes for each driver.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-6-1-legacy

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi II - Ryzen 9 5900X - Deepcool LT720 360mm AIO - 32GB G.skill Ripjaws V Series DDR 4 3600 - Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX - Corsair RM1000x - Corsair 5000D Airflow
0 Likes

Thanks, but I tried this one. This was the version that caused my whole system to crash with BSOD during install. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

0 Likes