Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kuaurse
Adept I

Cannot install Ryzen Master

Hello!

I tried installing Ryzen Master but I keep getting this same error that you can see is attached as an image. I tried reregistering my MS Installer but this does not work. As I can see the problem is coming from the Task Scheduler. I thought of disabling it, but it requires registry editing and I am not 100% sure it will work. Do you have any advices on what I can try? Thank you in previous!

0 Likes
12 Replies

Run this program from Microsoft to fix problems with installation and uninstalling of software. I have attached it to this post for you to use.

Run the Troubleshooter from Microsoft and try to install Ryzen Master again. See what the troubleshooter suggests.

Post back if it works or not.

Also you may want to run SFC /scannow in ADMIN RIGHTS Powershell or Command Prompt to make sure your Windows is not corrupted or missing files.

Thank you for your reply!

I ran the utility. It found Ryzen SDK and suggested to unistall it. I did it. Also did the SFC. It only installs the Ryzen SDK, but still fails to install the Ryzen Master.

0 Likes

to get further help can you please post your computer Specs: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

You do have a Ryzen CPU/APU installed correct?  This software is ONLY for Ryzen CPU/APUs.

0 Likes

Yes I do. I got the Ryzen 2600X.

I can feel your pain man! I have the exact same issue and I've tried literally everything possible. Searched Reddit, Google, AMD Community forum, etc for endless hours, still haven't found anything that work...except the old v1.4.0 of Ryzen Master found on Guru3D which works just fine, the problems is only with the v1.5.2 installer....

You can see more in depth what the problem is all about here and there:

Ryzen Master does not start properly

I cannot install AMD Ryzen Master

Hope they fix it soon I started to regret my AMD CPU just because of that.

0 Likes

There is a new  version released. It succeeds the installation in the wizard, but after all nothing gets installed - no shortcut, no installation directory. Seems there is something strange happening.

I have the exact same issue. The installer is broken imo.

0 Likes
epsilons
Adept III

kuaurse I've created a solution to this very specific problem and I suggest you try it. Pretty sure it will work for you too.

Also, if you don't want to tinker with the installer and waste time their is a download link with the fixed installer for v1.5.2 located at the end of the article on the solution thread :

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/a7vne2/need_help_amd_ryzen_master_v152869_installatio... 

0 Likes

did you delete your messages in that post, because there is nothing helpful there..

0 Likes

Yes sorry the method I used no longer worked with the newer installer because they modified it in a release in a way that prevented the bypass method I used in the past. 

0 Likes
bloatenkat
Journeyman III

i'm a little concerned that it is a year later and i am having this exact same issue.. um.. did anyone ever figure out a fix?

i noticed watching the folder that ryzen master should be installed to does actually populate with files during installation, but then immediately they all vanish upon "successful installation."

quite frustrating.. lol i just want to know how hot my cores are actually getting ._.

0 Likes

I spent almost 2 months looking 12-hours/day into this very specific issue, driving me crazy really.

I have quite the edge regarding this issue and I might be able to help you.

I was able to install Ryzen Master on all AMD system i've build in the last 12-months, but not pain-free, unfortunatly, the installer AMD provide is pure garbage filled with multiples issues that they never got around to fix.

The exact issue you are facing with screenshots and all:

I cannot install AMD Ryzen Master (with absolutly no real solution 1-year later)

A method I developed on my own that used to work but unfortunatly method I used no longer worked with the newer installer because they modified it in a release in a way that prevented the bypass method I used in the past:

https://community.amd.com/thread/234180?messageTarget=all&start=50&mode=comments#comment-2891214

I'll send you a PM so we can follow-up on this and maybe I will be able to help you, because from my experience, AMD had never provided me with any sort of real solution or anything, despite the fact I contacted them about a hundred times regarding this issue, it's a shame really.

0 Likes