cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fra98_
Journeyman III

Can we please have an FPS limiter that doesn't rely on GPU workload to function properly?

Hi everyone, I'm one of those guys that passes his free time checking input lag while playing videogames trying various framerate limiters.

After various experiments and comparing with online results I can safely say that Radeon Chill provides the best input lag maintaining stable frametimes.

Perfect, can we please just have a new Radeon Chill implementation that sets a stable FPS limit (no minimum or maximum) and doesn't disable itself based on workload?

• FRTC adds input lag (and sometimes doesn't even turn on on borderless games), it's an old FPS limiter

• RTSS adds some input lag and it's an external program.

• In-game limiters are good but do not keep stable frametimes usually, and you have to rely on devs ability to provide you a fps limiter.

Chill is perfect! I just hate how it disables itself in some game moments due to the current GPU load, like staying in a menu or seeing a prerendered custscene. Can we please just have an always-on Radeon Chill? I don't want to see my GPU usage spiking randomly because of some algorithm inside of my GPU driver deciding that it shouldn't cap fps anymore.

Nvidia provides exactly that through their Nvidia Control Panel, in-focus FPS limit and out-focus-fps limit for every single program.

0 Replies