Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

milanpnt
Journeyman III

Can't install AMD Driver for AMD Ryzen 5 4600 H

Hey everyone,

My computer is an Honor MagicBook Pro laptop powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor, the GPU is an AMD Raedon™ Graphics with 16GB Dual-channel DDR4 RAM and a 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD. It's running under Windows 11. All components are original, and I've reset the computer to zero.

I am having some difficulty trying to install the AMD Adrenalin driver. I go to the site, I fill in my graphics card, I download the software, the setup page is displayed, the download is done, the computer restarts, and once restarted, nothing installed, no application, no AMD Radeon Software, nothing.

Also, when I go to my Device Manager and look in Graphics Cards, it says “Microsoft Base Video Card”, which previously had the name of my graphics card. I haven't changed anything manually, and I don't understand this change.

Finally, when I try to launch games that worked before, I now get a message “Failed to initialize DirectX 12. Graphic drivers may require an update, or graphics adapter may not be supported”. I obviously tried to manually download DirectX12, which is up-to-date, so I think the problem comes from the driver that I can't install.

I don't know if you have already encountered this type of issue, do not hesitate to let me know your ideas.

Thank you for reading and I wish you a good day.

0 Likes
0 Replies