cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kentblacknico
Journeyman III

Can't enable Relive when dual-driving both dedicated and integrated graphics.

I have a Ryzen 5 5600G and an RX6800, I use the integrated graphics to get sound out to my surround system, and have all my rx6800 ports connected to some displays. The thing is whenever i have this setup, the AMD drivers won't let me use relive to screen capture even though the rx6800 does have that feature, just because the 5600g doesn't (which i think it should be totally capable of having). Is there a way of having this feature when using both the GPU and iGPU? Even if it's just in the displays connected to the GPU (which would be the idea).

0 Likes
2 Replies

First your PC setup (Make & Models and Windows versions) including how many Monitors connected and how can you connect the Monitors to the GPU card or IGPU ports.

Why don't you connect your Surround Sound system to the GPU Card and then connect your main Monitor from the HDMI or DP Output from your Surround Sound system.

GPU > AVS (Surround Sound) > Monitor.

I connected my 1070 GPU card HDMI output to my Onkyo AVS HDMI Input and then from my Onkyo HDMI Output I connected my PC Monitor.

Then I used Windows Sound Panel to make my Onkyo the Default Audio Device. But this will effectively disable all audio to all of your other monitors.

NOTE: AMD Relive doesn't work with GPUs with 2GB of RAM MEMORY or less. So if your IGPU has 2GBs or less of RAM Memory assigned to it, Relive won't be enabled: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/software-gaming-media

Are there Video RAM requirements for using the Record & Stream feature?

Yes, Record & Stream is not supported on systems with 2GB VRAM memory or less.

Here is AMD Relive System Requirements: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-023

Screenshot 2023-06-28 142648.png

0 Likes

Hi, First, before all, I tried to assign 4Gb of ram to my iGPU but still didn't succeed in enabling relive.

About the specifics of the setup. I have 3 HDMI monitors connected through my GPU. 2 of them are using DP to HDMI adaptors because my GPU only has one HDMI port. My main monitor, the one that I use for gaming, it's the one connected to HDMI. I cannot connect this one to DP, because there are some games that just won't work when playing with DP, like old Legos or NFS Heat.

I have another HDMI cable going from my iGPU to my Onkyo TX-SR606. The reason I do not connect my main monitor through this receiver is the model. This model has the specific problem of the graphics card starting to fail due to bad design and heat problems. So many times it just doesn't work first try. While I don't always use my surround system, as I have a pair of headphones too, it isn't necessary for my surround system to always work. This is not the case for my monitors of course. Also, even if it worked first try, right now i have a 1080p60 monitor, but I just bought a 1440p165 monitor. A resolution and refresh rate that my old receiver won't support.

These are the specifics of my situation.