cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cowboy124aa
Adept I

Can not add Starfield to Adrenaline software

I have been trying to add Starfield to the list of games in Adrenaline, i have tried to scan for it but does not detect it. I have also tried to manually add it to the list of games but when I click on the Starfield.exe in Xboxgames-starfield-content-starfield.exe i get a error message, "you do not have permission to open this file. Please contact admin". I have also activated to have this file run as Admin with the same error. Can you please patch this so we can tweek our graphics settings in Adrenaline.

1 Solution
cooperne
Adept I

I know it's pain but here is how I had to do it, go to the directory that contains the game. Find the starfield.exe, right click it and then select more options.

1. Create shortcut

2. Place it on the desktop

3. Go back to adrenaline

4. Browse for games, go to desktop and select the shortcut you added to the desktop - run the game from inside adrenaline software. 

It allows you to tweak the game but I'm having issues with super resolution. 

Hope this helps

AMD PLEASE SORT THIS OUT 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
cooperne
Adept I

I know it's pain but here is how I had to do it, go to the directory that contains the game. Find the starfield.exe, right click it and then select more options.

1. Create shortcut

2. Place it on the desktop

3. Go back to adrenaline

4. Browse for games, go to desktop and select the shortcut you added to the desktop - run the game from inside adrenaline software. 

It allows you to tweak the game but I'm having issues with super resolution. 

Hope this helps

AMD PLEASE SORT THIS OUT 

cowboy124aa
Adept I

It did work, and thanks. I just annoying that a game that is suppose to be geared toward AMD graphics, and cant be detected is abit sus!

I agree not sure if this is a Microsoft issue as I'm currently playing it from game pass for PC. Does seem a bit strange to me too that this game was geared for AMD and yet we are having to find work arounds for these issues. I still can't seem to use super resolution properly either. 

I personally feel like this is possibly to force people who may not have the technological knowledge to tweak Radeon settings into upgrading their graphics cards prematurely.

Glad I could help you though

0 Likes

Even though it's claimed that "Adrenalin 19.6.1 adds support for Xbox Game Pass PC" it has never worked. And adding it as a shortcut is still a bad workaround as it must be launched from it, and it will force shader cache recreation on the first launch.

If ... Discord can detect XBGP games running without problem why Adrenaline can not?

Jacekk
Adept II

New Adrenalin version 23.10.1 found Starfield and added to game list without any other workaround.

Thanks, it did find it now. Finally, after 4 major versions (19-23). Do not have any other XBGP game to check but at least it works with it.

Funny, no mention in release notes about that.

0 Likes

can you confirm you have it installed via game pass, 23.10.1 still wont find mine 

thanks 

0 Likes

I bought the game in MS Store, but I'm not using game pass.

0 Likes