Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

abody5111
Adept I

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare® III not compatiable with 24.7.1

Hi, after updating Call of Duty: Modern Warfare® III 

when I start it, it shows an error:

[GPU driver version]
Your GPU driver version (24.7.1) does not meet the recommended (24.8.1) for running Call of Duty: Modern Warfare® III.
To ensure the best performance and functionality, go to the manufacturer's website to download and install the latest drivers.

- I checked on the AMD Drivers release and didn't see the 24.8.1 release notes.

- I checked my driver updates, and the latest update is 24.7.1 not 24.8.1, note that I enabled the optional updates too

My GPU: RX580

what should we do?

49 Replies
diegobusato
Journeyman III

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, I NEED VERSION 24.8.1

Lucido92
Adept I

I am also experiencing this issue and my pc crashes everytime i try to start any game all of a sudden. I was just play COD MW3 yesterday and no issues.

vayainks
Journeyman III

same and i have 7900XTX im AM4 is all i can think of but thats not gpu related i wouldnt think

Figpub
Journeyman III

IM HAVE THING THE SAME THING HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

hille
Journeyman III

Same here, Im from Brazil, my COD MW III updated today on Game Pass and now when Im trying to play, I received this error, but, doesn't exist 24.8.1 AMD drivers on Adrenalin software, OMG! :(((

eb1995
Journeyman III

same issue, hope this gets resolved soon 

Smacx
Journeyman III

Just ignore it.

Can you just ignore it? I didn't see anything but the okay button I think I don't remember seeing an option to ignore. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you 

Ya.. there is ignore.. hell , hit accept. Get out of the page that pops up, and play. Its not hard mate.  Also, the 70g whatever,... didnt go on your drive unless you prebought b06 or whatever, for the beta run coming up. Just take a breath dude.... all is fine. 

0 Likes

Hitting ignore doesn't fix the issue because the game crashes now. 

0 Likes

Sorry mate. Not for me.  Worked fine this entire week for me, on 3 systems.  Bummer.  I doubt the fancy new driver does much either.  But, i just downloaded the new driver, and will huck it in and will wait for the beta to start. Sorry bud. 

0 Likes
German_AC
Adept III

Game runs fine even in 24.5.1. You can ignore that message and you will be fine. 

In fact, I'm still in 24.5.1 cause 24.7.1 was a disaster for my rx6700xt, Warzone and mw3 were unplayable. Plagued with stuttering and lag.

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.
Been
Adept II

It's because they just forced a 70gb update on us for when Black ops 6 comes out, that's probably the driver that will come out for it and just hasn't yet

Sttony
Journeyman III

I hope that AMD will address this issue immediately, as I'm sure many people cannot play MW3 because of this. 

Everyone i know, is playing. There isnt a issue dude. 

0 Likes

Not an AMD issue, It's Blizzard-Activisions' fault for forcing an update on people that requires a driver that AMD hasn't released yet. BA are the one's that screwed up, so don't blame AMD on this one. AMD certainly has had their faults, they are not the ones always at fault for what goes wrong on the games we play. 

Koyote7667
Challenger

So, what is the issue? 2 rigs, both amd cards, running 24.7.1, 

Hit ignore and/or accept. Been playing for 2 hours on both rigs. (its a party over here)

Hell, you can hit accept, X out of the window that pops up, and then get right in also. 

Then accept the beta, and play...

also, youll see all the BO6 **bleep**, when looking for multiplayer or warzone. Just calm down. 

EDIT- Breathe guys. breathe, and just play the game.  Wow. 

There is no issue with the update, 24.7.1 driver, or anything. Its for the new game.  My god. 

0 Likes

Sir, there absolutely is an issue with the driver or with the update that COD pushed out. When I hit ignore my PC full black screen then crashes. Some people are experiencing issues. Just because you're not doesnt mean you have F****** D*** about it.

Well then, 10-4... 

Guess i wont see ya in the lobby.  Im playing as i type. Best of luck lol. 

0 Likes

No...it crashes right after hitting ignore. Maybe you should be a little nicer because you don't know the things you think you know.

0 Likes

But, it doesnt here? So, i know, what i know. Seems others are lost. Cheers. 

0 Likes
Been
Adept II

I actually can't even get the campaign to load, it won't even finish preloading shaders. Tried once it got stuck at 7% quit and tried again it got stuck at 13% and I gave up. 

0 Likes

Hey I am actually having the same exact problem of it being stuck at 7% and sometimes 13% on campaign even though it works properly on multiplayer! Let me know if you have any solution please.

0 Likes

What card you got? I tried this and it crashed everything couldn’t open AMD Adrenaline 

0 Likes
stangfreek
Journeyman III

Clear GPU cache worked for me.

0 Likes

How do I do this Amd sapphire RX 6900xt I tried the 24.5.1 drivers and the 24.10 both caused AMD to crash and or my pc 

0 Likes
Been
Adept II

Every time I verify the game files it says 59 files failed to verify and will be required, it downloads the files doesn't run and says the same thing if I verify again. Legitimately giving up now.

0 Likes
strixuk
Adept II

AMD actually did release the updated driver but apparently removed it for whatever reason, and we've heard absolutely nothing from AMD, very poor from them. Nvidia will be better can't see them leaving their customers high n dry with zero updates on what's going on... Can't wait to make the switch to Nvidia..

0 Likes
danielmaxdm1
Journeyman III

It seems like there might be a discrepancy or delay in driver updates. Check AMD’s official website or support forums for any new releases or updates. You can also try contacting AMD support for further assistance.

0 Likes
thatbrando306
Journeyman III

Still having an issue with this today.. this is my first pc and AMD is showing me that a better gpu is the way to go not whatever this is…

0 Likes

i have 6700xt and same issue. Whats happening AMD!! Someone from AMD explain this!!

0 Likes
Been
Adept II

Just downloaded another 30gb update and still can't play it, whoever's idea it was to put all the COD games together like they are I hate you.... 

0 Likes

That would be Activision. Not AMD. 

0 Likes

Thanks Captain obvious..... I'm well aware 

0 Likes
bgrbell
Journeyman III

yeah alot of us with less or even somtimes still powerfull gpus are having this problem, some people are fine, ig its js what gpu they have, u can ignor it but it still bugs for me

0 Likes

And i dont think its a gpu thing. Most likely a COD thing. I have a 6800xt and two 7900xtxs all running fine. And 2 ps5's. Zero issues. Its not a "driver" thing, thats for sure.  Its the new game that came out, and people are lost a bit,... imho. 

0 Likes

I can assure you it has nothing to do with being "lost" because a new game is coming out..... I have updated to the new drivers and fully uninstalled every trace of the game and then reinstalled it and it will not go past 7% shader preload still. Every time I verify the files there's dozens that don't and are reacquired and it does the exact same thing the next time regardless. I really don't understand why there always has to be a handful of people that come along on any topic and act like it's not an issue since it's working for them.

0 Likes

hey lil bro I have the same problem and I use NVIDIA rtx 2060 I am sure it is nothing to do with AMD

0 Likes